By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Henry Cavill Quits The Superman Role

Man of Steel was a really good Superman movie. It's a shame WB went and messed it up. This whole thing is vexing.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Not surprised at all.

The DCEU in general has been so mishandled and rushed, I legitimately don't even know where they can go from here now that they've also lost their Superman. 

Full on reboot seems like it would be the clear answer, but they also have Aquaman and Shazam! coming out soon so I guess they're gonna wait and see how those do? 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 12 September 2018

DC should just stick to making animated features for the time being.

LivingMetal said:

+1!

When you watch something like Batman/Superman public enemies and then watch the tragic Batman vs Superman DC film it's just saddening to think what night have been if the dcu movies weren't Zack Snider'd into Oblivion.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

He's quite average actor, so I guess no big deal.
Unfortunately, he's the one that Netflix picked to portray Geralt, which is pretty terrible choice IMO.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
LivingMetal said:

+1!

When you watch something like Batman/Superman public enemies and then watch the tragic Batman vs Superman DC film it's just saddening to think what night have been if the dcu movies weren't Zack Snider'd into Oblivion.

And not being a DC fan, what I've seen of the animated stuff have impressed me.  And the CW stuff has been good, but it's gotten fairly stale for me since it's been going one for so long.  Maybe it's reached saturation.

WB ruined the DCEU the minute they trusted Zack Snyder. DC characters are so good and wealthy in stories but WB wanted to rush everything. Seriously why on Earth would you start a cinematic universe with Superman killing someone and an old Batman?

Zack Snyder being fired was the start of all this nonsense. He had a vision for these characters that we will never see realized... Sadly. He cast the best Superman with Cavill, the best Batman with Affleck, great Wonder Woman, and great supporting characters... What could have been...

Now we are just getting a Marvel 2.0 (I love MCU, but the DC movies started with their own distinct feel to them, which I loved). I don't know why people want more of the same.

WB is so disorganized its not even funny. Just reboot the damn thing now. The WHOLE thing.

But since WB doesn't really care about consistency, maybe this means we will get Snyder's cut of Justice League. I hope so.

1doesnotsimply

I watched Man Of Steel, and Suicide Squad. Both on Movie Central. Suicide Squad varied from OK to pretty bad. Watching some specific Margot Robbie shots frame-by-frame, and then rewinding those shots and watching them frame-by-frame again was the highlight. I honestly liked Man Of Steel well enough as a movie. It was even decent as a Superman movie. As I'm not that invested in DC in general, I didn't scrutinize it the way more hardcore fans are apt to do. Even to a casual observer like me, these DC movies were such an obvious mess of an attempt at making a cinematic universe, my interest was snuffed out quite a while ago.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ganoncrotch said:
LivingMetal said:

+1!

Maybe it was all leading to it. I for one think BvS is a masterpiece. One of my all time favourite movies. Man of Steel was amazing as well. It was a different adaptation, sure, but some people were just so impatient for the same old superman and batman that we've been seeing forever. 

Snyder had a vision for the franchise. WB does not.

1doesnotsimply