Thanks for posting this. That is good to know.
Does anyone know how Spiderman ranks with other top Japanese releases for 2018? I would guess Monster Hunter World sold better FW. Does this make Spiderman #2 so far?
Spiderman has the 3rd biggest opening in Japan so far this year. Here's a list:
1. Monster Hunter World (PS4) - 1.24m
2. Kirby Star Allies (Switch) - 222k
3. Spiderman (PS4) - 125k
4. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2018 (PS4) - 124k
5. Mario Tennis Aces (Switch) - 123k
6. Hokuto ga Gotoku (PS4) - 123k
7. Dynasty Warriors 9 (PS4) - 117k
8. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) - 105k
9. Super Robot Wars X (PS4) - 89k
10. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) - 88k
11. Fate/Extella Link (PS4) - 78k
12. Far Cry 5 (PS4) - 75k
13. Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet (PS4) - 75k
14. PES (PS4) - 73k
15. Dark Souls Remastered (PS4) - 71k
16. Etrian Odyssey X (3DS) - 71k
Monster Hunter almost sold as much as the rest of that list combined.
Shouldn't Octopath Traveler sit at the 8th spot on that list? It did 110k, I think, so it falls right between Dynasty Warriors 9 and Dissidia FF NT.