By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 36 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - September 03-09, 2018

Spiderman sales are three times higher than GOW:

GoW: 46k
Spider-Man: 125k

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Great sales for Spiderman, but the PS4 seems totally unfazed by them

Switch keeping up the 40k+ and Great legs from Minecraft, Splatoon 2 and MK8D!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Amazing first week for Spider-Man in Japan, really didn't expect this one to sell so good there!

Vizigoth04 said:
125k for just Japan. That's probably almost guaranteed the lowest we'll see first week sales numbers by region.

You mean by county because you you mean region as in North America and Europe then surely you have to add the rest of Asia to it?

Anyway superb debut for spiderman. I'd guess with digital it's over 150k FW for Japan. Probably about half of what the UK sold including digital so that just shows you how important Japan is getting for Western games. Hopefully legs are good.

Ps4 has the top 3 software spots on lockdown this week. An unusual sight these days in Japan.

20k hardware. Another good week. Hopefully it hangs in there until the holiday season kicks off. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
So I guess, even Spidey can't make hardware sales go up ... (even with the PS4 Pro bundle).

The PS4 is doing fine.   Its still outpacing the PS3.  Its been out for 4-5 years now.  Its fine.

Mar1217 said:
So I guess, even Spidey can't make hardware sales go up ... (even with the PS4 Pro bundle).

But it did go up and without this probably would have dropped to 15k a week. As someone just said it's outpacing the ps3 and every month increases that lead. 

big surprise for Supaidaman!

Both consoles above their baselines (went up from lw):

SW at 39856 and PS4 at 18003. Seems to be that PS4 no matter new releases from now on won't have much impact in hardware sales.

Yeah, seems like the only thing that will push more PS4 consoles in Japan now would be a price cut.