By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is ending a relationship through text a good idea?

jason1637 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Well, did you sit down and talk about it? Don't throw away a good relationship because some things don't work out.

Yeah after reading through the thread and sleeping on it I'll try to talk to her later today and tell her what I don't like about our relationship and if she's down to make some changes then I might staying with her.

That's for the best. You need to be able to talk in a relationship, after all, you're in for good and bad with each other.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
1. No that's terrible.
2. Why do you "randomly want to break up" with her?

She's made some bad choices for herself lately because of me. An example was choosing to go the the same university as me when she had the option to go to her dream school. I tried to talk her out of it but she didn't listen and lately she's sorta been forcing me to do things I just don't want to do like going to stupid doctor appointment, registering to vote and joining activities I have no interest in.

Honestly a woman that is willing to sacrifice something for you is hard to find these days. Even when you tell them not to. 

From what you said she has been so supporting to you through your troubles. She sounds like a keeper TBH.

COKTOE said:
vivster said:

Yes, he should go back in time, kill his past self so he will never get a girlfriend. Then just travel back and everything's solved.

I have a feeling......That you are trying to trick Jason by intentionally giving him bad time travel advice.

Any time travel advice is good advice. You won't get that from the lame stream media.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Though I get the allure of breaking up via text, honestly I would do it more for myself than for her (face to face that is). Even with past girlfriends, that I really did not care for them, I still went out and broke up face to face, because otherwise you do look like a coward in front of her and yourself in a little bit, even if at the moment it seems easier. Its not that hard. You can be fairly direct and quick with it. Hell most of my breakups were like that and I never felt uncomfortable later on, when we met again.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

So she very likely saved your life, obviously because she has strong feelings for you, and your plan is to end it with a single text? Jesus man, grow a pair and at least have the decency to tell her that in person. And yes, it's going to be heartbreaking for her and even for you, but at the end of a day, it is your decision, therefore your responsibility.

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 07 September 2018

Around the Network

Sounds like she deserves better than you.

Man up and don't be such a little bitch.

Always break u face to face if possible. Anything else just makes the other person feel pathetic. I've been there I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

If she's making you do things you don't want to do, maybe she doesn't understand how much you truly don't want to do those things. Perhaps you are doing them with her because you felt as though the relationship depended on it. I sort of remember being in a similar relationship. But if it's come down to her choice of University, that's pretty deep, as school already started, right?

No, be presidential: break up with her on Twitter and let the whole world participate.

I was happy to be left through a SMS by the craziest of my ex-gf, because the relationship had deteriorated and she had a very bossy and angry character, but I would never leave through a text message a girl that always was good and nice to me, that would be really horrible. Deal with how bad you'll feel, but watch her in her face, be honest and brave, she'll suffer anyway, but maybe a little less and at least you won't offend her. Maybe, if she too already understood your story is over, it will be much easier than you expected, and you'll remain good friends.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!