By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 70% of Switch Owners in the USA own a PS4 or Xbox One

adisababa said:
Nintendo consoles always were secondary consoles.

"Always"? How about the Sega Megadrive/Genesis and SNES? Most Multplat games were best on SNES.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Luckily US is not the whole world

You have any evidence that the rest of the world is so much different? Or was your post just your personal hopes/wishes based entirely on your dislike of Xbox/playstation?

In Japan at least, it's probably mostly a main console. In RoW, especially poorer countries, any console has a high chance to be the only console. And in Europe, where PC gaming is much stronger, I'm sure the percentage is lower due to PC and Switch complementing each other very well (Most people with a gaming PC buy a console for their exclusives as everything else gets duplicated).

Nintendo used to be the best of the best but that was a long time ago sorry. Many games other companies make surpass them or are of their quailty.

Ruggarell said:

Nintendo used to be the best of the best but that was a long time ago sorry. Many games other companies make surpass them or are of their quailty.

Eh, Nintendo has remained among the top companies and have developed/published about 30+ games a year. 2015 was their worst year in terms of gaming output and they were only down at number 6 according to Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2015-releases

For 2016, they were number 2 despite having very few big first party titles

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2016-releases

For 2014, they were number 1

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2014-releases

Of course, we could also talk about 2017 but I think we've reviewed that a lot as of late.

And which other company can provide the type of games they develop such as Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc.?

We could debate who is the best of the best, but I think Nintendo has remained one of the more prominent developers (both critically and commercially) in the industry.

Ruggarell said:

Good, look like a lot people buy Nin games just to check how awful they are, hope those games and their new IP also will continue become terrible. 

Around the Network
Ruggarell said:

Its this sarcastic post!? Two of highest rating games this gen are Nintendo Switch games.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 09 September 2018

MasonADC said:
Someone that owns a Switch along with another console could also decide to buy Super Mario Party first, in then RDR2/BO4

Those people are so small in number as RDR2 and BO4 will each do 20m easily. So why does that scenario even matter lol.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Barkley said:

"70% of Switch Owners in the USA own a PS4 or Xbox One"

"People play PC at home and Switch on the go"

smh

Excluding Japan, I feel like every other major market would be less friendly to Nintendo lol.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
MasonADC said:
Someone that owns a Switch along with another console could also decide to buy Super Mario Party first, in then RDR2/BO4

Those people are so small in number as RDR2 and BO4 will each do 20m easily. So why does that scenario even matter lol.

Well considering that SMP is coming out before RDR2 and BOIIII, I'd say quite a few will buy SMP first. Especially if you consider it's preorders in the US (Amazon and Gamestop at least) where it's doing very well for months while both RDR2 and BOIIII just recently really started to climb up the preorder ranks.

Also, not so sure for the 20M. WW2 is at 19M retail PS4 and XBO combined, while RDR is at 13M combined. We will have to see how much the lack of singleplayer campaign and the changes will affect BOIIII, while RDR2 will need to expand it's playerbase by 50%. While it's certainly far from impossible, it won't be as easy as you seem to think.

outlawauron said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Excluding Japan, I feel like every other major market would be less friendly to Nintendo lol.

So is ps4 in Asia