By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 70% of Switch Owners in the USA own a PS4 or Xbox One

I wouldn't assume that people who own a PS4 or XBox One in addition to a Switch think of the Switch as their secondary console. I bought God Of War earlier this year and I've got the Spiderman SE PS4 Pro coming tomorrow but my Switch is my primary console and that's where I spend most of my gaming budget. I buy first- and third-party on Switch whereas I only use my Playstation for first-party titles.

Around the Network

I always wondered if it truly mattered at all when a bunch of games share a release window. If a person is interested in several games at the same time, why not simply buy them consequently? Games don't just disappear from the shelves.

Switch is my secondary. I haven't even turned it on since like April. PS4 is my main gaming console.

They have to really. Most good third party games are not on Switch or anything Nintendo usually so you can't do just with a Switch alone, unless you're a hardcore fan or something.

haha. guy thinks Mario Party will flop because of CoD's annual release and another PS4 game. hilarious. I don't even like Mario Party but the idea that it will flop because a couple completely different games come out on another system is absurd. Mario Party I have no doubt will sell 5 million easily. It might beat RDR2.

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
adisababa said:
Nintendo consoles always were secondary consoles.

Were you born after the year 2000 or something? 

Don't you mean 1994?

Green098 said:

That's all fine and dandy but I don't see how this this means Super Mario Party will "flop".

I mean when Labo, the closest thing to one of Nintendo's 1st party Switch titles flopping still managed to ship 1 million, being a "flop" loses all meaning. I mean 1-2-Switch aka Mario Party without the "Mario" sold 2.45 million on Switch and it released on the same day as Zelda Breath of the Wild, and the same week as Horizon Zero Dawn. Talk about that for competition. Even Labo released on the same day as God of War.

Yup I remember when Mario Tennis was supposed to ''flop'' as well and that didnt. Mario and Rabbids was supposed to flop because no one ''asked'' for that crossover/mash up.  Mario Party is going to end up being another million seller on Switch.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

One, Mario Party will be bought by a different type of people.

Two, Mario Party unlike the others will benefit from legs until the sun goes supernova.

bubblegamer said:
They have to really. Most good third party games are not on Switch or anything Nintendo usually so you can't do just with a Switch alone, unless you're a hardcore fan or something.

I don't think you're understanding what that statistic means. It means the opposite of what you are supposing.

PS4 and Xbox came out years before the Switch. What that means is that a lot of people who already had one of those two decided they wanted a different experience from the normal ps/xbox experience so they got a Switch as well.

It doesn't mean there isn't enough on Switch, what it says is PS4/Xbox owners realized they're missing out and so felt the need to buy the Switch despite already having another system in order to get what Nintendo offers that simply isn't available on the others.

Sordel said:
I wouldn't assume that people who own a PS4 or XBox One in addition to a Switch think of the Switch as their secondary console. I bought God Of War earlier this year and I've got the Spiderman SE PS4 Pro coming tomorrow but my Switch is my primary console and that's where I spend most of my gaming budget. I buy first- and third-party on Switch whereas I only use my Playstation for first-party titles.

Yup. PS4 is my secondary, I only use it for one game.