By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do you workout ?

Yes, almost every day 25 28.41%

Yes, quite often 30 34.09%

Barely 18 20.45%

No, don't want to 12 13.64%

No, can't afford it 3 3.41%

Total:88

As in, going to the gym? No, it's completely useless, costs way too much, and it's the most boring thing imaginable.

I do enjoy being active though, I regularly go walking or cycling.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
I workout 3 times a week/ 2 hours per workout. I always start with 100 pull ups, and then on with my other things. Recently I hit 200-205 lbs at 6 foot 1 inch/ 185cm and have been staying there, but I kind of want to lose 10-15 pounds so that I can do more pull ups.

When I went to Japan 6 weeks, I couldn't workout so much anymore and I lost 15 lbs. Can only do about 50 pull ups before the more intense fatigue takes effect and my wrists and arms feel significantly weaker. Still trying to figure out a good diet to maintain weight while building muscle, but for now I add a bit more cardio.

Cut the fat first by doing lots of cardio and following a strict diet and then gradually build strength over time by gradually doing strength training in addition to cardio. Soft drinks, alcohol and junk food are cut out from my diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water. I have weighed around 155 to 165 pounds for the last 5 years and I am 5'10". I am not going to become body builder and I will not take steroids or the chemicals the professional athletes, body builders and fitness trainers take to get their ripped physiques, V cut tapered abs and 5 to 10% body fat.

I usually run 2 to 3 times a week and do some calisthenics. Keeps me healthier and prevents me from gaining weight.

I haven't been able to work out for a couple weeks now due to a back injury. Normally I would be jogging at least 3 times a week for an hour to 90 minutes at this time a year. Plus I lift weights every other day and exercise daily. The only thing I can still do now is a careful 40 pull ups and maybe some leg lifts while hanging from my arms.

What kinda worries me is that my BMI is dropping. It just went under 21 today. Normally it's around 22 this time of year. Maybe I'm slowly losing muscle mass although my appetite has been down as well due to the constant pain.

I'm also not sure if I should get back to full weights again after I get better. I was using 60 pound dumbbels, already went down to 55 as it felt too much on my arms. I used to lift those over my head a couple years ago yet gave over head lifting up after a previous back injury. I don't know if this new lower back injury is from weight lifting, yet if exercise keeps getting me injured I'm starting to have serious doubts about the benefits, hardly being able to walk now for a couple weeks. I'm 'only' 44, best shape of my life (before this) cycling 120kms in a day without any issues.

Amyway I would to work up a good sweat again, just can't now unless it's fever or pain sweat ugh. My regular exercise atm is chiropractor visits and hanging on the inversion table there. Whatever you do, don't over do it!

Around the Network

I'm no gym nut but I do HIITS once a week and resistance 2-3 times per week.

I've been lazy lately (used to do Wii Fit every day) and have a little bit of blubber on my belly that's slowly appeared since fatherhood that I want to get rid of.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I do! I'm injured at the moment though. :c

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I was like "ob nice, a thread I can relate" but I realised I was the one who created it

I go bouldering, play pick up basketball and spend time running/lifting.

XD84 said:
When I was younger I worked out twice a week. Since I my skin itches really strongly when I sweat a lot (even after a I take a shower), I had to stop it.

This only happens to me when I don’t work out and sweat for a long time. My wife too after she gave birth and stopped running for 6 months (tho hers became rashes all over, mine was just on my legs). That is why we work out almost everyday nonstop now. 5 days a week for me. 4 for her. Don’t really know what causes it.

Don’t overdo it. Start at half an hour, stop when the itching is too bad. But do it daily. Eventually when your skin gets used to it, the sweating will stop itching.

Edit. Your condition might be completely different so if you’ve already seen a doctor and he told you to avoid sweating due to a permanent thing then disregard what I just said. :p

Last edited by DrDoomz - on 28 January 2019