By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 11 August 2018

Random_Matt said:
PS4 is five years old more or less, it should not even be close.
loy310 said:
hard to believe the ps4 in only 8k from a 1 year old nintendo handheld.                             

Launch alignment: PS4: 185k 

Calendar alignment: PS4: 165k (2015) 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

The 5 year old console argument makes no sense. PS1, PSP, PS3 & PS4 all peaked in year 4 or 5, it's normal for PS consoles to do their best around this time.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
The 5 year old console argument makes no sense. PS1, PSP, PS3 & PS4 all peaked in year 4 or 5, it's normal for PS consoles to do their best around this time.

i think the better argument would be pricing, ps4 is 5 years old and 299$ which is the same price as the switch. the fact that ps4 is selling this good at this price after 5 years is the amazing part because if it had xbox like deals which what the norm  the late in the gen, it would have destroyed the competition.



Now we just need Europe to convert!



Switch!!!

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:
The 5 year old console argument makes no sense. PS1, PSP, PS3 & PS4 all peaked in year 4 or 5, it's normal for PS consoles to do their best around this time.

i think the better argument would be pricing, ps4 is 5 years old and 299$ which is the same price as the switch. the fact that ps4 is selling this good at this price after 5 years is the amazing part because if it had xbox like deals which what the norm  the late in the gen, it would have destroyed the competition.

No, pricing argument dont make sense also too much also because they are not same devices, don't have some power difference and capabilities. PS4 selling so good so long is relly amazing and we talking about console that will become second best selling home console ever, but there is no reason to downplay Switch success ("PS4 is five years old more or less, it should not even be close"), actualy fact that Switch in its second year is selling similar even better with one of bests years of console that will become second best selling console ever, tells us how much impressive Switch sales are, especially when Switch is still selling without any official bundles at cheaper price point with launch price and without big game until now this year.



Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
switch still ahead, think this will change in september

Oh yeah definately, I think we might see a big PS4 boost soon.. Pro back in stock, the celbration SKU and then comes the Spiderman SKU.

So possibly from next week, but definately the week after that we should see PS4 on top for some time at least.

👍 



quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:
The 5 year old console argument makes no sense. PS1, PSP, PS3 & PS4 all peaked in year 4 or 5, it's normal for PS consoles to do their best around this time.

i think the better argument would be pricing, ps4 is 5 years old and 299$ which is the same price as the switch. the fact that ps4 is selling this good at this price after 5 years is the amazing part because if it had xbox like deals which what the norm  the late in the gen, it would have destroyed the competition.

"Software sells hardware". Obviously PS4 is high because they are able to gather lots of games in them 5 years. While Switch is only 1.6years. 

 

And there is also the different models (Slim and pro) While Switch only have 1. 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ps4 doing very good



Medisti said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yes, but the effect of it should be felt next week, since this only includes two days.

Aren't the majority of sales usually in the first two to three days of a release?

For a game, yes. Console sales usually spike throughout the week, however. Madden won't have that big of an impact on it anyway, but I imagine a small spike.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 03 September 2018

                                                                                                                                                           

CGI-Quality said:
Medisti said:

Aren't the majority of sales usually in the first two to three days of a release?

For a game, yes. Console sales usually spike throughout the week, however. Madden won't that big of an impact on it anyway, but I imagine a small spike.

Ah, thanks for the reply. I haven't really studied how new releases affect hardware as much, so I'll take you at your word. You've got way more experience than I do.