By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 11 August 2018

loy310 said:
hard to believe the ps4 in only 8k from a 1 year old nintendo handheld.

I agree. It's hard to believe a 1 year old system with not a single AAA release so far this year 8 months in is beating 5 weeks in a row what will end up being Sony's second most popular system ever coming off of its peak year! Switch should be 50k down from PS4 not beating it for over a month straight. If in 2019 Switch gets price drop + new colors + pokemon + DQXI + metroid + animal crossing? + more third party support it might already take a run at PS4's peak year.

Around the Network

switch is doing great. really surprised that its keeping momentum i wonder how longit will last.

Defense force in full swing I see hehe

Both PS4 and Switch doing great despite no big games, outside of Madden that is but not sure how many systems it would sell this far in.
Also extremely surprised at how well the 3DS is still selling.

Those 86 Xbox One's in Japan though.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I dont think Madden can make some difference at this point

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

switch still ahead, think this will change in september

PAOerfulone said:
Switch on top again?!
Isn’t this the week when Madden came out?

Yes it is, and, well PS4 and XBO went up 14 and 7k respectively, so there is a Madden boost - it just ain't strong enough to boot the Switch out from the top spot for now.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
switch still ahead, think this will change in september

Oh yeah definately, I think we might see a big PS4 boost soon.. Pro back in stock, the celbration SKU and then comes the Spiderman SKU.

So possibly from next week, but definately the week after that we should see PS4 on top for some time at least.

Random_Matt said:
PS4 is five years old more or less, it should not even be close.

But the PS4 Pro isn't

Switch has very strong summer, but PS4 will start beating Switch in September latest.