By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 11 August 2018

PAOerfulone said:
Switch on top again?!
Isn’t this the week when Madden came out?

Then maybe Madden's losing some steam.

I'd like a Mario football game. :)

Around the Network

Very impressive Switch has managed to stay on top for over a month, but Spiderman. Along with Dragon Quest XI, Tomb Raider...things will change real soon here. What's going to be interesting is October-December.

PS4 actually did quite well this week. I am kinda surprised that Switch did better.

Idk man..  the results of the NPD prediction tool are making me doubt those N.A. numbers.  I guess we´ll have to wait and see.

barneystinson69 said:
Those 86 Xbox One's in Japan though.

Getting outsold 38:1 by the Vita, I seriously don't understand the logic in bringing their system to Japan at all, the region has clearly spoken and said they have no interest in their offerings of console... but at the same time you look at the top selling games on stuff like the Switch and you find Minecraft on it, so there is no ill will towards their software just the hardware.

Wonder would MS ever consider bringing their first party software to the Switch or PS4 in Japan to get some cash outta the region and increase their stand there in some way. Right now you gotta think, those 86 consoles sold across all of Japan, that can't be worth the shelf space, the shipping, any sort of signage and promo material, can't really imagine they turned a profit on those units.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

So Switch sales are around 7,2 milliond since January, we could expect it to reach 10 millions by november (before BF) and 8-10 millions during the holidays, that would make it around 30 millions (or more) at december 31st, and why not reach N64 sales by the end of fiscal year.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:

So Switch sales are around 7,2 milliond since January, we could expect it to reach 10 millions by november (before BF) and 8-10 millions during the holidays, that would make it around 30 millions (or more) at december 31st, and why not reach N64 sales by the end of fiscal year.

Sales for the year so far are at 6.4 million. Reaching 10 million before November is unlikely. 

MasonADC said:
SKMBlake said:

Sales for the year so far are at 6.4 million. Reaching 10 million before November is unlikely. 

No, if you look at the total, it's 18,9. Or now Switch sales are at 19,5, it's not updated yet.

That's why I said Switch sales are at 7,2 so far this year

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:
MasonADC said:

No, if you look at the total, it's 18,9. Or now Switch sales are at 19,5, it's not updated yet.

I am confused on what you are referring to. If you click year to date on the whole menu, the numbers are 6.4. Which makes sense, as last year ended with 13.1 million total. Add 6.4 to 13.1 and you roughly get 19.5 million as of august 11th

MasonADC said:
SKMBlake said:

I am confused on what you are referring to. If you click year to date on the whole menu, the numbers are 6.4. Which makes sense, as last year ended with 13.1 million total. Add 6.4 to 13.1 and you roughly get 19.5 million as of august 11th

He might be predicting the sales for the next few weeks, as you know today's date is not the 11th of August. Going by the sales to this date, rather than the sales which VGchartz have listed to this date... which are almost a month behind.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive