By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 11 August 2018

Random_Matt said:
PS4 is five years old more or less, it should not even be close.

But the PS4 Pro isn't



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

This is not what I expected but hey good for the Switch for staying strong but I don't think it can keep this up much longer.
The next notable release is SMP in October.



Switch has very strong summer, but PS4 will start beating Switch in September latest.



CGI-Quality said:
PAOerfulone said:
Switch on top again?!
Isn’t this the week when Madden came out?

Yes, but the effect of it should be felt next week, since this only includes two days.

Aren't the majority of sales usually in the first two to three days of a release?



Good Switch numbers. Good PS4 numbers. Surprised PS4 stayed close with basically nothing releasing since God Of War. XBOX One has been struggling mightily against the competition. Tough gen for MS.



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Random_Matt said:
PS4 is five years old more or less, it should not even be close.

But the PS4 Pro isn't

It’s the same console with better specs. It’s not gonna well like it’s a new console. 



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
SKMBlake said:

But the PS4 Pro isn't

It’s the same console with better specs. It’s not gonna well like it’s a new console. 

Shouldn’t it tho? You get people upgrading from previous versions as well new buyers? double revenue.

A new console is more expensive plus new library. Riskier to jump in to.

 

 



When the new revised switch is released and the og switch drop in price.

We’ll see the true WRATH of the switch.

DS didn’t explode till the DS lite.



Marth said:
This is not what I expected but hey good for the Switch for staying strong but I don't think it can keep this up much longer.
The next notable release is SMP in October.

Well there's Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate and Dragonball FighterZ in between (and Toy-con 3, but that already seems to be fizzling out; also South Park: The stick of Truth apparently this month, however without a release date yet... probably directly after the next direct I'd say) alongside a slew of Japanese releases coming to the west and some very high quality Indies, but yeah none of them have a draw like a Super Mario Party or Spiderman.



FentonCrackshell said:
SKMBlake said:

But the PS4 Pro isn't

It’s the same console with better specs. It’s not gonna well like it’s a new console. 

Wasn't laster year PS4's best year since launch just after the release of the Pro ? And Isn't the Xbox in its best year just after the launch of the One X ?



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me