By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Boss: Fortnite On PlayStation 4 Is The Best Experience For Users

If they don't want to do it then it's their choice. It is THEIR Platform after all.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
bubblegamer said:
It's not like he's wrong.

I disagree. Playing Fortnite on PlayStation locks out the ability to play on more platforms than playing on XB1/Switch.

Please observe the hastily-drawn diagram below:

Due to Sony's hijacking of Fortnite accounts, accounts cannot freely migrate between all platforms. For an account associated with Switch/X1, there are four platforms through which a player can play their Fortnite account. For the alternative, there are only three options.

As I'm sure you know, 4 > 3.

Through a similar logic, more options > less options.

PSVR doesn't count?

Playing against smartphone users is ok but please not against Xbox or Switch players of whom some are people we know in real life which  means it would improve our situation.

But if Sony says it's bad then this has to be bad for us. They are always right.

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 31 August 2018

Baddman said:
Aeolus451 said:
😹 I very much like honest companies. Both Nintendo and MS didn't want crossplay with Sony in the previous gen so why should Sony care about it now? MS and Nintendo trying to pull a PR stunt with this crossplay stuff. They only want it so they don't have to compete against the size of Sony's player base.

not true there was a game on Wii u and ps4 that would've had crossplay but Sony blocked it https://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-on-cross-play-for-wii-u/

dragon quest x also has crossplay with all platforms but that's Japan only. Care to guess why they allow cross-play with 3ds, switch and Wii u  with DQx in Japan but not games in the west?

still funny seeing people acting like this isn't anything more than a money move for sony

It's a money move for them all but by Sony not giving in, they lose out. Players will just choose the console with the bigger player base for multiplatform online games and Sony has the better single player games.

EricHiggin said:
KLAMarine said:

I disagree. Playing Fortnite on PlayStation locks out the ability to play on more platforms than playing on XB1/Switch.

Due to Sony's hijacking of Fortnite accounts, accounts cannot freely migrate between all platforms. For an account associated with Switch/X1, there are four platforms through which a player can play their Fortnite account. For the alternative, there are only three options.

PSVR doesn't count?

Seems more of an add-on than a platform.

Around the Network

Oh well. At least we got an answer to the question.

Aeolus451 said:
Baddman said:

not true there was a game on Wii u and ps4 that would've had crossplay but Sony blocked it https://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-on-cross-play-for-wii-u/

dragon quest x also has crossplay with all platforms but that's Japan only. Care to guess why they allow cross-play with 3ds, switch and Wii u  with DQx in Japan but not games in the west?

still funny seeing people acting like this isn't anything more than a money move for sony

It's a money move for them all but by Sony not giving in, they lose out. Players will just choose the console with the bigger player base for multiplatform online games and Sony has the better single player games.

you're right but this move has made me buy my niece a switch so she can play Fortnite and Minecraft with my kids as my kids have an Xbox and switch already and my niece only had a ps4 seems like now sony will lose out as I will only purchase v bucks for my niece on her switch account now as opposed to her ps4 account

Xbox one X and especially pc are surely "better experiences"

What a poor excuse...

EricHiggin said:

MS : Our users are the most hardcore because we say so based on how we view the numbers.
PS  : Our system is the most hardcore because we say so based on how we view the numbers.

MS fans : XB is the most hardcore and PS is so full of anti consumer crap.
PS fans  : PS is the best experience and XB has got its head in the cloud(s).

We had a thread on that hardcore fan base thing and I don’t remember any Xbox fans in there defending it but please continue with the whataboutism you bring into these Fortnite threads lol.

EricHiggin said:
KLAMarine said:

PSVR doesn't count?

KLAMarine said:
EricHiggin said:

PSVR doesn't count?

Seems more of an add-on than a platform.

I guess if your talking different platforms and not different experiences, which is mostly what those other platforms offer, isn't it?