By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Boss: Fortnite On PlayStation 4 Is The Best Experience For Users

twintail said:

Constantly and continually mean the same thing. And tbqh you said that Sony were constantly charging their customers. Not everyone buying a PS4 is an existing customer.

You equate charging for cross-play as to charging for online, charging for a console and charging for digital content. The last 2 aren't even relatable since those arent previously 'free' services, as you mentioned, now requiring a payment to use. So yeah, I mentioned 1 constant service related cost. You are saying that making cross-play a paid service makes sense because Sony makes ppl have to buy a PS4 to own it, and have to buy software to play games. 

Ok?

And while you are right that to actually use the cross-play on X1 you need live, its ridiculous to even make that as some tangible claim because online payment on Xbox has existed for many years, cross-play is only something that has recently been added to their console. Obviously its going to require live for the ability to even play online to work. Its not like you could cross play on an xbox and then they decided to put it behind a paywall. Like you are suggesting a scenario that is totally different from that of Sony is proof that Sony might make users pay for cross-play in F2P games. 

Ok?

I get what you are trying to say, but few of your points have enough commonality to land your argument. you are just trying to stitch together ideas with vaguely similar, not same, traits. And honestly, its not remotely convincing. 

But maybe you will be right. its always possible.

They are similar but are not the same. I only said customers and not existing customers. People buying PS products are customers. People who are interested in their products would be consumers but once you've decided to purchase that item you've become a customer.

PS doesn't offer cross play at the moment. It's not a product or service they offer. Neither was PS Now, yet they charge for that. XB1 didn't use to have cross play, it does now, and they put it behind a paywall. They didn't use to have Fortnite, and it's behind a paywall. If PS puts it behind Plus, their charging for it. Maybe they decide to let F2P games have free cross play, maybe they follow XB and put everything behind an online paywall. It's just a possibility.

You say it's crazy to compare it to Live, but Fortnite, a F2P game, is locked behind a paywall on XB, but is free on PS, at the moment anyway. Considering PS and their Fortnite accounts, who's to say PS decides to learn from that and drop the accounts and put games like Fortnite behind the Plus paywall like XB does? If XB get's away with it, you can't legitimately complain to PS if their system works the same. Which would also mean a lot of gamers who can't play games like Fortnite because they don't have Plus. PS just changed PS Now to work more like XB BC and Game Pass, so since both companies are clearly copying each other in many ways now, why do you think it's so impossible for PS to maybe add cross play and charge for it?

Sometimes your right and sometimes your wrong, it happens to all of us. Considering you think they won't add cross play, until PS5 anyway maybe, and I think they might, and could charge for it, really should be just a friendly conversation about making really generalized predictions. You may not agree with some of my points because they aren't directly related, but based on my PS doesn't even offer cross play point, it should be on the table, that if they do decide to implement it, that they will likely look at what others are doing and potentially copy them. Like your saying though, PS might not bother, or may use it like they did sharing games. Point out how XB makes you pay for cross play and you don't have to on PS5. I really think PS would hate it though, when PS players are playing with XB players for free, while XB players are paying to play with PS players. PS still allows shared games though so who knows?

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 23 September 2018