By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destiny 2 available FREE from today on playsation plus.

I'll ...

Be downloading Destiny 2 as a freebie. 14 42.42%

Already bought Destiny 2. 7 21.21%

Won't download even as a freebie. 9 27.27%

Don't have PSN/PSN+. 2 6.06%

Comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 1 3.03%

Total:33

I could swear GOW3 was some years ago on ps+

Around the Network

The user base is healthy. https://destinytracker.com will increase by a lot once Forsaken drops.
If you haven't played D2 I highly recommend it. One of the best games this gen.

Destiny 2 is free so that people will buy the big expansion next week.

If you haven't played it yet, I'd use this opportunity to give it a shot. It really has been developed into a pretty solid game over the last year, and it's such a significant title that I feel like it would be worth a few days of anyone's time just to get some exposure to the game to see whether you like it.

Finally the GOTY 2017 went free!

Lmao

It's FREE as long as you pay $60 a year, as long as you want to play the game. But then again, the movies on Netflix are free too, I suppose.

I'm not *usually* the guy to point this out, but there was a bit of an EMPHASIS on FREE so I couldn't RESIST.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Zkuq said:
It's FREE as long as you pay $60 a year, as long as you want to play the game. But then again, the movies on Netflix are free too, I suppose.

I'm not *usually* the guy to point this out, but there was a bit of an EMPHASIS on FREE so I couldn't RESIST.

I payed 25 euro for it last year while it was on sale and I have it for the next 6 moths for 15 euro. There are many reasons one would buy PS+ that has nothing to do with getting the freebies. Personally I buy and pay for it so I'll always have the option to go online if I want but I stay paying it for the discounts and the freebies.

Last years haul of games on it were 800 euro as they say on the the ps+ page and I dove into a good chunk of them with a few in my library ready for a lazy day. Not bad for 25 euro however it's the discounts that payed the subscription four or five times on games I would have bought anyway, it's always a bitch buying VR games on the other region stores only to see there is a discount and not having the ability to take advantage of it. 

The service not only pays for itself but if you buy a good chunks of games in a given year and you don't invest in it while it's on sale your effectively loosing oit on savings that for me, got past 175 euro from what I counted but probably well over 200 from what i didn't. 

I don't want to take this further off-topic, but I have to say that it still isn't free and that how good value PS+ is depends a lot on the person. It has horrible value for me, but it might work out very well for you.

jason1637 said:
The user base is healthy. https://destinytracker.com will increase by a lot once Forsaken drops.
If you haven't played D2 I highly recommend it. One of the best games this gen.

It should be worth noting that it's not actually free. The base game is literally unplayable without the DLCs, and you can't even play the Forsaken DLC unless you buy the other DLCs.

Same old money-hungry Activi$ion. 

Man, how bad must the playerbase be. I’m gonna pass. I will snag GoW3 though.

Already got it a few months ago in the HMB (Humble Monthly bundle)... very entertaining

Ka-pi96 said:
KManX89 said:

It should be worth noting that it's not actually free. The base game is literally unplayable without the DLCs, and you can't even play the Forsaken DLC unless you buy the other DLCs.

Same old money-hungry Activi$ion. 

Yeah.... I doubt that. I know Activision are pretty scummy but that wouldn't even be legal.

I was referring to game quality. You can't even do most of the activities without the DLCs because they require you to be at a certain power level which you can only get to through said DLCs.

And Forsaken literally requires you to buy all the other DLCs in order to play it. 

Activi$ion are truly scumbags.