By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destiny 2 available FREE from today on playsation plus.

I'll ...

Be downloading Destiny 2 as a freebie. 14 42.42%

Already bought Destiny 2. 7 21.21%

Won't download even as a freebie. 9 27.27%

Don't have PSN/PSN+. 2 6.06%

Comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 1 3.03%

Total:33
LudicrousSpeed said:
Man, how bad must the playerbase be. I’m gonna pass. I will snag GoW3 though.

Game averaged 500k-1m daily active users. 

Ka-pi96 said:
KManX89 said:

It should be worth noting that it's not actually free. The base game is literally unplayable without the DLCs, and you can't even play the Forsaken DLC unless you buy the other DLCs.

Same old money-hungry Activi$ion. 

Yeah.... I doubt that. I know Activision are pretty scummy but that wouldn't even be legal.

KManX89 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah.... I doubt that. I know Activision are pretty scummy but that wouldn't even be legal.

I was referring to game quality. You can't even do most of the activities without the DLCs because they require you to be at a certain power level which you can only get to through said DLCs.

And Forsaken literally requires you to buy all the other DLCs in order to play it. 

Activi$ion are truly scumbags.

I mean a lot of content is locked behind the year 1 expansions and the upcoming Forsaken expansion but there's probably like ~20 hours worth in the base game. You have the base campaign which is actually pretty good, a few strikes, crucible,  patrol missions and a level 20 cap. Bungie also said they're doing seasonal events free for everyone. The August event just ended yesterday but they plan to have 4 more events for year 2.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Zkuq said:
It's FREE as long as you pay $60 a year, as long as you want to play the game. But then again, the movies on Netflix are free too, I suppose.

I'm not *usually* the guy to point this out, but there was a bit of an EMPHASIS on FREE so I couldn't RESIST.

It's online only though, right? So calling it out for that is a bit pointless when you literally can't play it without PS+ regardless of whether you actually paid for and bought the game or not.

I'm not sure but even if it's online-only, it definitely has a strong multiplayer focus. So yeah, that's somewhat of a valid point in this case. But like I said: it's the EMPHASIS that got me. ;-P

KManX89 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I was referring to game quality. You can't even do most of the activities without the DLCs because they require you to be at a certain power level which you can only get to through said DLCs.

And Forsaken literally requires you to buy all the other DLCs in order to play it. 

Activi$ion are truly scumbags.

This is simply not true. You can do almost all of the content that the game originally came out with without buying the expansions even to this day. None of that content is locked behind anything. You can do the campaign, public events, adventures, strikes, nightfall, raid, PvP - everything with just the base game. Heck, you even get all of the expansion PvP maps for free now so the playerbase is not split up. The only exception is perhaps the nightfall on the week one of the expansion strikes is in rotation, but that only happens every so often.

The content that is locked behind higher light levels are the content that came out with the expansions.

Well I'm glad I didn't buy this. I saw on sale in a store for 8 bucks. Dodged a bullet there lol.

The issue I have is that the DLC costs a shit ton, and I ain't buying that shit. If the seasons pass is 10 bucks I'll get it. But we all know that won't happen

bananaking21 said:
Well I'm glad I didn't buy this. I saw on sale in a store for 8 bucks. Dodged a bullet there lol.

The issue I have is that the DLC costs a shit ton, and I ain't buying that shit. If the seasons pass is 10 bucks I'll get it. But we all know that won't happen

A few weeks back year one expansions we're $15 on Playstation and Xbox so I could see the price going that low for the next major sales.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

I don't know where you live but the season pass is like £15 in the UK.

UltimateUnknown said:
bananaking21 said:

I don't know where you live but the season pass is like £15 in the UK.

My account in on the UAE PSN. And prices are inflated on the store for majority of content. So I wait on deals. 

jason1637 said:
bananaking21 said:

A few weeks back year one expansions we're $15 on Playstation and Xbox so I could see the price going that low for the next major sales.

That's still a bit pricey because it doesn't include future expansions. I don't want to keep buying every new piece of DLC they keep churning out. I can literally buy full new games for those prices. I know I'm sounding like a bit of a cheap ass, but Activision and bungie are really suckie with DLC and want to milk their customer base. I'd rather just play the base game than be sucked into their endless loop of paying them huge amounts of cash

What an amazing month this is for PS+! Both games for PS4 are big AAA games, can't complain about this!

John2290 said:
bananaking21 said:

That's still a bit pricey because it doesn't include future expansions. I don't want to keep buying every new piece of DLC they keep churning out. I can literally buy full new games for those prices. I know I'm sounding like a bit of a cheap ass, but Activision and bungie are really suckie with DLC and want to milk their customer base. I'd rather just play the base game than be sucked into their endless loop of paying them huge amounts of cash

Not sounding like a cheap ass at all. People shouldn't have to invest near 250 euro, if the first one is any indication or near 400 if you want the upper teir editions over of the life time of a game that starts off bare bones as hell, if they want to stay in the current content. It ridiculous, I've paid less on Final Fantasy 14's subscription ober the course of over two years and that game has more content per time than there is hours in a year. 

yeah its just too much. Destiny 1's expansions cost 20, 20, 40, 30 at launch. thats a total of 170$ with the base game. its just absurd. and the issue is that the DLC's just dont have the content to justify the price. 

i dont mind buying dlc as long as its worth the content. the witcher 3's DLC for example, or bloodbornes.