By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo eShop game-rating thread

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Updated until here.

Don't be afraid to post some more popular games or games you didn't like.

Also, please add the Genre of the game

I'd update the genre on the main page for Dust: An Elysian Tail to include "Metroidvania" as that's mainly the style of gameplay with some action RPG elements sprinkled in.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Updated and edited until here, thanks for your submissions

The site has reviews for games as well, if that helps any...

Dulfite said:

I know, but only for a select few games.

I will dig through them however and link them to the games listed here

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Dulfite said:

I know, but only for a select few games.

I will dig through them however and link them to the games listed here

That being said, user ratings are usually pretty lenient, whereas we pride our site reviews on bring strict with scores.

Around the Network

Anyway, a more realistic take on my first post in this thread (the one where I jested with the 0/5s because they're not Smash Bros):

Hollow Knight 5/5
Golf Story 5/5
Stardew Valley 5/5

I feel these games are all fantastic.

Some more reviews

Torna: The Golden Country - 5/5
Romancing SaGa 2 - 5/5
I am Setsuna - 1.5/5
Shovel Knight 4/5
Paladins 3/5
Fortnite 4/5

Torna: The Golden Country - I got it as part of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion, and it's crazy good, one of the best modern RPG experiences available. It also feels like a bit of a pace throwback to the 16/32 bit era, because things move much more quickly.

Romancing SaGa 2 - while this game has some aesthetic flaws due to being a mobile port, these are all cosmetic. If you are a fan of old RPGs from the NES/SNES/SMS/MD/GB era, as I am, then this game might be the best RPG available on Switch for you, currently. It is a creative take on RPGs with the generation and permadeath mechanics, not too unlike its predecessors in the SaGa/Final Fantasy Legend series - the first one involved climbing the Paradise Tower across worlds, and the second one being tied up in the war of the Magi between the gods and the Guardians trying to manage things... also climbing up the Yggdrasil tree: Final Fantasy Legend 2 even had Odin resurrect you if you died... but you eventually go to Valhalla and kill him and that functionality leaves =P Yes, I love this game, and am glad I finally got to play it over two decades after the first time I should have played it. Again, this is my opinion, some younger players didn't seem to like this one as much and have even liked I am Setsuna better (you sick... FREAKS), but this is my opinion, and it's one of my favourite EShop games, a true gem on the platform.

I am Setsuna - Promised to be a Chrono Trigger inspired throwback, turned out to be a shoddy uninspired feeling ripoff. It takes some of the elements that made Chrono Trigger great, and did a poor job at remaking them... and it left a lot of stuff out of the experience. It is like they just ran down a checklist, and had little to no artistic intent. The game isn't nearly as fun as Chrono Trigger either. The sad thing about it is that people still hail this game as "the second coming of Chrono Trigger" when it falls so very short... all they do is tarnish the reputation of a classic 16-bit era game.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - this game would have been higher last generation, but I find that other games in a similar sort of 8-bit or 16-bit style have really surpassed this one. And while this one does come earlier than those, and is inspiration, it was in turn inspired by games like Ducktales and Legend of Zelda 2 which I also find are still fairly great considering they were nearly three decades earlier.

Paladins - to be fair, there's probably more there, I found it repetitive.

Fortnite - I love the game in theory and when I first began playing - but the fact that cheap easy Macros improve your success in the game a disgusting amount really soured me on the experience - mainly because I don't want to suck at the game against people using Macros, but at the same time I don't like having to rely on Macros to even the playing field... and even though they're against the TOS - people still use them rampantly and they are not enforced at all. So... If you don't mind being at a handicap disadvantage then this game is still good, but I've stopped playing.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 27 September 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Undertale (RPG) - 3/5 : I like it, but it hasn't  really clicked with me. I appreciate that it's taken a lot of inspiration from MOTHER, one of my favourite games of all time, but it just doesn't have the same magic imo. 

Think of the Children! (Parenting Simulation/Action) - SP: 2.5/5 MP: 3.5/5 This one takes a lot of cues from Overcooked in its style (frantic, fast-paced management of 100 different things at once). Graphics aren't very good and music is mostly chiptunes, but don't have much charm to them. I am enjoying the multiplayer with my fiance though, worth picking up for parties, couch multiplayer whilst it's on sale.

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 29 September 2018

Kamiko - 3/5
Oceanhorn - 2/5
Rocket League - 5/5 (MP)
Fallout Shelter - 4/5
Sparkle 2 EVO (Evolution simulation) - 1/5

Last edited by forest-spirit - on 29 September 2018

The Messenger
5/5
Metroidvania

Darkest Dungeon 4.5/5
Hollow Knight 4/5