By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Switch on track to sell only 8 million systems this Fiscal Year

Megiddo said:
Jumpin said:

It's down in shipments by 80,000 but up in sales by 700,000.

Wow, it's up that much in sales? Can you link your source to this information?

www.nintendo.com for shipments
www.vgchartz.com for sales

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Does he mean 8m for the holiday season or actually 8m for the whole fiscal year?

He means it's tracking for 8 million in the fiscal year. Meaning that if quarters 2-4 are just like the first quarter that's what it would end up as. From what I read he made zero prediction/estimation of the actual sales for the fiscal year, only that it was probable it will not make the 20 million goal.

contestgamer said:
Pachter has been right with MOST o his predictions for the past 10 years I've followed him. Sure, he's not right 100% of the time, but he's usually accurate, so this seems likely.

Hope when he say anything negative about ps4, you will agree with him

Megiddo said:
He means it's tracking for 8 million in the fiscal year. Meaning that if quarters 2-4 are just like the first quarter that's what it would end up as. From what I read he made zero prediction/estimation of the actual sales for the fiscal year, only that it was probable it will not make the 20 million goal.

As others have pointed out, that's still a dumb thing to say, as it acts as if there is no historical trend for holiday boosts. Worse case scenario, it matches last year. Personally, I think it hits 17M-18M. 

Around the Network

Patcher is always wrong. Just take the opposite of what he says and you get the right answer! Wait. What's the opposite of 8 million?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

8M only?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abmXivp-AI

Quote from the Video (around the 7:48 Mark): "Nintendo is just out for lunch, I think they have no idea what they're doing!"

His 8 Million comment is at around 9:00, says Nintendo is tracking for 8 Million, and "they're missing [the 20M target] by a mile"

His argument is in both cases that the Switch is too expensive, that Nintendo has no strategy and that the price would need to drop to 199 to sell even close to 20M

While we're at it, he says also that crunch is a rare thing in the Videogame industry... and then explains exactly why that's not the case

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 20 August 2018

Bofferbrauer2 said:

8M only?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abmXivp-AI

Quote from the Video (around the 7:48 Mark): "Nintendo is just out for lunch, I think they have no idea what they're doing!"

His 8 Million comment is at around 9:00, says Nintendo is tracking for 8 Million, and "they're missing [the 20M target] by a mile"

His argument is in both cases that the Switch is too expensive, that Nintendo has no strategy and that the price would need to drop to 199 to sell even close to 20M

While we're at it, he says also that crunch is a rare thing in the Videogame industry... and then explains exactly why that's not the case

Hahaha LOL

Also, compare this News to Pachter's 8 Million: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/277836/analyst-nintendo-to-ship-25-million-switch-units-this-fiscal-year/

Yeah, Hideki Asuka actually believes Nintendo is lowballing and is expecting 25M this fiscal year. A BOLD prediction for sure, could be tbone 2, that Analyst.

User Warned By ~ PwerlvlAmy

Last edited by PwerlvlAmy - on 20 August 2018

SammyGiireal said:

I said 10-12 million on another thread, and no one seemed to agree. 20 mil are high expectations and 8 are too low. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

10-12 is way too low. It did over 15 millions last FY why would it suddenly cut 5 millions with 2 huge system seller, no stock issues and probably a better holiday/Black friday presence.