By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breath of The Wild Now The Best Selling Zelda!!

Well, the franchise needed this installment! Certainly gave Zelda a wider audience... My issue is... Now every other Zelda game will be like BOTW for a long time...

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
Well, the franchise needed this installment! Certainly gave Zelda a wider audience... My issue is... Now every other Zelda game will be like BOTW for a long time...

I'm not so sure about that, If Nintendo has an idea that is completely different they are the kind of company that would explore that

melbye said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

I'm not so sure about that, If Nintendo has an idea that is completely different they are the kind of company that would explore that

Yeah, but with the success of this game they're probably more likely to build upon the Breath of The Wild formula.

Maybe in the next game we'll get the Hookshot. :)

CaptainExplosion said:
melbye said:

Yeah, but with the success of this game they're probably more likely to build upon the Breath of The Wild formula.

I do want them to build on BOTW, that game was a magical experience

melbye said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I do want them to build on BOTW, that game was a magical experience

And so many fun new characters! :D Not counting Revali.

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:

As good as BotW is, there is still a lot of room for improvement.  As long as they build off of what they established, it will just get better and better.  There is a lot of room for fresh ideas with this model.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Awesome. Well deserved achievement.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Shiken said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

As good as BotW is, there is still a lot of room for improvement.  As long as they build off of what they established, it will just get better and better.  There is a lot of room for fresh ideas with this model.

Yeah, like why can't you ride the Master Cycle Zero in the desert? Do the Gerudo not trust men OR motorcycles?

Deserved!

axumblade said:

If you include multiple releases in the totals, it's still number 3 overall (behind Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess). But it should beat out Twilight Princess by years end and has a chance of beating out Ocarina of Time eventually. *This is going by this sites numbers and does not include digital at all*

Remakes and remasters are kinda cheating imo. A lot of people will have bought both versions in those cases.

It should be done based on what comes out on the same day. So GC and Wii Twilight Princess are the same game but N64 and 3DS Ocarina are not.