By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breath of The Wild Now The Best Selling Zelda!!

the_dark_lewd said:
axumblade said:

If you include multiple releases in the totals, it's still number 3 overall (behind Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess). But it should beat out Twilight Princess by years end and has a chance of beating out Ocarina of Time eventually. *This is going by this sites numbers and does not include digital at all*

Remakes and remasters are kinda cheating imo. A lot of people will have bought both versions in those cases.

It should be done based on what comes out on the same day. So GC and Wii Twilight Princess are the same game but N64 and 3DS Ocarina are not.

Makes sense to me. :)

Around the Network

Actually, it happened a long time ago. I know you're talking about VGC numbers, but I just wanted to point that out. As of June 30th, Zelda BotW was around 11m combined, so we're getting to Animal Crossing territory here. It's so great to see Zelda finally reach the audience it deserves...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I'm 100% certain that the open world, BotW formula is the main formula that the franchise is following from here onwards, and the next game in that formula is most likely in development, I'm sure, whether it is a Nintendo Switch swan song or a launch title for their next system somewhere between 2022-2024 is what I'm still not sure of.

That said, I still think there's a place for the classic 3D, Ocarina of Time formula and would love to see a game of that style for the Switch along with a top-down 2D, A Link to the Past styled Zelda game. I think that would be a cool thing for the Switch to have one of each styles that Zelda is known for before moving on to their next system.

the_dark_lewd said:
axumblade said:

If you include multiple releases in the totals, it's still number 3 overall (behind Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess). But it should beat out Twilight Princess by years end and has a chance of beating out Ocarina of Time eventually. *This is going by this sites numbers and does not include digital at all*

Remakes and remasters are kinda cheating imo. A lot of people will have bought both versions in those cases.

It should be done based on what comes out on the same day. So GC and Wii Twilight Princess are the same game but N64 and 3DS Ocarina are not.

To me it just makes when it inevitably beats the other two that much more impressive. Overall sales, it's not there yet but the fact it's not even 2 years old and it's already at the point that it's at, makes it very impressive. 

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I don't know what GotG means.

Game of the Generation I think.

It actually means Guardians of the Galaxy.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
KLXVER said:

Game of the Generation I think.

Whatever you say, rodent. :P

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

Rodent?

That's soooo 2014, dude.

axumblade said:
the_dark_lewd said:

To me it just makes when it inevitably beats the other two that much more impressive. Overall sales, it's not there yet but the fact it's not even 2 years old and it's already at the point that it's at, makes it very impressive. 

If only Robin Williams was alive to see this. :(

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

I think you mean rabbit

Wonderful. This game made me very happy and it shows all the work and love with which it was made. I'm glad that sales have rewarded that.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10