By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Germany lifts ban on Nazi Symbols in Video Games

Never thought to see this. 

https://www.thelocal.de/20180809/germany-lifts-ban-on-nazi-symbols-in-computer-games

Hopefully we will see patches for all the games releasing soon after they are being checked. 

What a great news for gaming in Germany. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Finally as a german/swede myself i have been wanting this for a long time. Thank god Deutschland has fixed its act when it comes to this.

Great news, it's ridiculous to censor a symbol, especially when used in proper context like a World War 2 game.

I refuse to believe this! Great news if true though.

I wish this happened before the original Company of Heroes was released, it would've made it more authentic. Still, good news for the Wolfenstein franchise I suppose.

Around the Network

Good. I understand the sensitivity around it, but I think 99.9% of people can discern video games from reality. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I wonder if aesthetically accurate depictions of Hitler will ever be allowed?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

About time. You can't keep hiding from history forever.

Kerotan said:
About time. You can't keep hiding from history forever.

Bit ignorant to call it that, but great news nonetheless

Great news. Maybe this means that german censors will ease up on other areas too.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.