By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Storm knocked out my power last night, but the Switch keeps on gaming

I'm not interested in the Switch but your experience is a fair point and a solid plus for the console.

Around the Network

You've convinced me. I'm going to buy a Switch just for those two days a year when the power goes out.

Haha yeah handy for those cases.
Im lately really urging to buy that console, sadly i need some cash first and Nintendo is expensive in games. :p

Gaming Is Unstoppable, man.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

KLAMarine said:
Hiku said:
Last time I experienced a power outage must have been over 10 years ago.
Though there was a bad thunderstorm recently where I didn't want to turn on devices connected to the power outlet, so I used my phone instead.

Phone as a power outlet?

Haha, sorry I meant I used my phone instead of devices like my PC or TV because those were hooked up to a power outlet.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
About a year ago... we had a power outage that lasted like 4 minuets and then power was back on.
Before that? I cant even remember. Its gotta have been like atleast 7years or more without a power outage.

4minuets once every 8+ years (in my case).... I wouldnt call it a huge benefit atleast.

Not every individual is going to have the same living experience.  In my case, I've lived in this house for 7 years.  One hurricane knocked out our power for 3 days.  I gamed heavily on my 3DS to pass the time those nights.  A storm very recently, within the past couple of months knocked it our for almost 24 hours.

Signalstar said:
If the power goes out I have other things I am worried. Gaming is way down on the list.

There comes a point in a power outage where you confirm that everything is fine and everyone is okay and you are just waiting for the power to come back on.  Gaming, or reading a book by flashlight help pass that time.  Not every second of a power outage is a life or death situation for many people.

Not a huge benefit in most places, but definitely neat anyway.

Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

Phone as a power outlet?

Haha, sorry I meant I used my phone instead of devices like my PC or TV because those were hooked up to a power outlet.

Ah, I see... Thanks.

aye, handy out, have done this before during a scheduled cut, even popped my phone on the desk next to me as a wifi spot and continued playing online. Li-Ion is great.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive