By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Disrespects LeBron and Jordan comes to his defense.

Puppyroach said:
massimus said:

Is it really that hard to believe for you? 🤫

Show evidence that are not from a conspiracy site or some right-wing extremist. Otherwise, it´s just another Qanon made-up "fact".

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/27/silicon-valley-spies-china-russia-219071

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/08/01/details-chinese-spy-dianne-feinstein-san-francisco/

here you go, it doesn’t get any more trashy left wing than Politico and local San Francisco news. Even they don’t deny it.

Around the Network

He said something stupid and a just as well-known person rebuked him for it. LeBron isn't beyond reproach.

Trump gets attack from all colors....not racist. Trump attacks another person of color other than his own....racist. Lmao

Lebron definitely seems like a smart guy. In fact, when I watched the ESPN special about his school the other day, I thought to myself that he seems way more intelligent than many other athletes, as most of them were able to skate through life on their performance on the court/field.

With all of that said, "his school" is actually just a public school that LeBron's foundation helped fund. I would much rather have seen his foundation create a private school, so that it can be managed by competent people and remain a good program years from now. As it stands, the Akron public school system will turn into just another Akron public school in short order. To be fair, I know nothing specifically about Akron schools. I'm just extrapolating out what I know about the average American public school, and assuming that Akron's schools leave just as much to be desired.

pokoko said:
jason1637 said:

A few days ago LeBron opened up a new school in his community and did and interview with CNN. Trump saw this interview and here was his reaction. 

Micheal Jordan then showed support for LeBron.

""I support L.J.," Jordan told NBC News through his spokesperson. "He's doing an amazing job for his community."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/trump-blasts-lebron-james-after-nba-star-says-he-s-n897621?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

I think that Jordan is a better player but I think what Trump said is really rude. LeBron is trying to do something good and imo he's a smart guy.

I don't see your problem.  It was obviously a joke.

Still I would call this not presedential at the least. If our primeminister would say these kind of things, which should not concern him to begin with hé would be kicked out pretty fast. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Trump shouldn't be talking about dumb people on TV...

And the focus should be on the school LeBron opened up. What happened the last time Trump was involved in the opening of a school? Trump University was a fake college and he was forced to pay 25 million dollars in damages.

This guys has 0 self awareness.

you think you are more intelligent than trump? why?

Puppyroach said:
massimus said:

Is it really that hard to believe for you? 🤫

Show evidence that are not from a conspiracy site or some right-wing extremist. Otherwise, it´s just another Qanon made-up "fact".

show evidence that you are not a communist working feverishly to destroy america?

obviously i'm asking this rhetorically, its just as relevant as your post

who he is does not matter, what matters is the point he's making

Qwark said:
pokoko said:

I don't see your problem.  It was obviously a joke.

Still I would call this not presedential at the least. If our primeminister would say these kind of things, which should not concern him to begin with hé would be kicked out pretty fast. 

I don't disagree with that.  A high official throwing petty twitter insults is sad and embarrassing.  I'm referring to the OP's idea of humor, not my own.  He gives obnoxious and offensive twitter insults a pass as long as they're "a joke"--and this is clearly an attempt at a joke, even if it's lame.  That's what makes it odd that he'd make this thread in the first place.

Maybe the OP is simply parodying himself?  It's hard to know.

massimus said:
Puppyroach said:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/27/silicon-valley-spies-china-russia-219071

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/08/01/details-chinese-spy-dianne-feinstein-san-francisco/

here you go, it doesn’t get any more trashy left wing than Politico and local San Francisco news. Even they don’t deny it.

How does that implicate Feinstein in any way? Espionage is sadly very common and the driver was concluded to not have gained any significant information.

VAMatt said:
Lebron definitely seems like a smart guy. In fact, when I watched the ESPN special about his school the other day, I thought to myself that he seems way more intelligent than many other athletes, as most of them were able to skate through life on their performance on the court/field.

With all of that said, "his school" is actually just a public school that LeBron's foundation helped fund. I would much rather have seen his foundation create a private school, so that it can be managed by competent people and remain a good program years from now. As it stands, the Akron public school system will turn into just another Akron public school in short order. To be fair, I know nothing specifically about Akron schools. I'm just extrapolating out what I know about the average American public school, and assuming that Akron's schools leave just as much to be desired.

Oh yeah he should definitely make it a private school so it only benefits a handful of rich douche bags instead of the community as a whole. The American education system is definitely flawed but making it elitist and only beneficial to those wealthy enough to pay for a good education only benefits those already on top.