By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No mans sky is absolutely brilliant in 2018. (Addictive as space crack)

No mans Sky in 2018.

Impressed 13 31.71%

On the fence still. 8 19.51%

Disappointed 9 21.95%

Have yet to play 11 26.83%

Comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 0 0%

Total:41
John2290 said:
Ataraxias said:

Does no one remember the original 2010 release of FFXIV? Which is now a beloved game?

He was talking about free updates, unless I'm getting ripped off paying 12.99 a month for FF14 on top of the 60+20+40 for ARRB, Heavensward and Stormblood, it's not the same thing in context of tje comment above.They got and are still getting a constant stream of money to repair 1.0 and turn it into ARRB and beyond. They are even profiting. Hello games is not and are taking money they could have ran with and taking a majour chance repair their game and image.

Original FFXIV became a totally free game and ran on deficits for 3 years before ARR started charging money again.

Sorry I misquoted - I meant to originally quote the part about not rewarding devs for repairing broken games.   Whereas we had a prime poster child example back in 2010, this is not a new thing.

Around the Network

im never gonna play this unless its re-released with a 85+ metascore.

anyone like me here who is married and working fulltime, get the time to spend hours into games like this? i wish the days were longer...

The worse part is you now need Plus or Gold to play which they slipped in under the radar.

I am tempted on getting on ps4. I have been hearing good things about the updates.

Around the Network

Honestly, I think it's great that despite the, admittedly deserved, negative reception the game got upon release Hello Games went back and actually fixed many of the problems that people brought up about it. Still, for me personally it's just too little too late. I just don't have the time or the interest to get into No Man's Sky at this point in time. There are just too many other, much more interesting games for me to play.

Mystro-Sama said:
The worse part is you now need Plus or Gold to play which they slipped in under the radar.

Or more proof it was never and online game to begin with. :P

Hmm, pie.

I do actually have a quick question for any veteran of NMS. I can't get the hang of ship to ship combat, the ship controls are too floaty for me to accurately target enemy ships so I find myself in 5-10 minute dogfights against single ships because I can't ever lock on to them. Any tips? I still have a relative noob ship (B class - 27 slots with minimal boosts to stats). Are there any auto lock weapons that I can just fire in their general direction?

As of right now, this is pretty frustrating for me because there is a main mission that's locked behind getting ship kills :/

mZuzek said:
contestgamer said:
im never gonna play this unless its re-released with a 85+ metascore.

You're trying to not be taken seriously, right?

Sorry that I use data and information for my decision making instead of blind faith and feelings.

Meh, just tried it again. Still very boring, basically unplayable for me... to each their own though...