By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No mans sky is absolutely brilliant in 2018. (Addictive as space crack)

No mans Sky in 2018.

Impressed 13 31.71%

On the fence still. 8 19.51%

Disappointed 9 21.95%

Have yet to play 11 26.83%

Comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 0 0%

Total:41

I always enjoyed it but the various updates have all made it better. My PS4 Pro even provides the sound for my ship's engines now, what an innovative little addition. Joking aside I'm looking forward to what else they can add.

Around the Network

I'm probably going to pick it up soon. Never played it, but heard it's pretty good now.

John2290 said:
dharh said:

Hello Games and Sean Murry had a vision of a game they wanted to make.  They missed the mark by a long shot.  It took lots of player input and 2 years to fix.  No way in hell is this going to look acceptable by most devs, even with the pretty good success that this 'relaunch' is having.  I dare say that Hello Games will not make nearly as much profit from this as they would have if they had launched _this_ version of the game from the start.

This version of the game is damned fun, but still has some bugs that were there from the beginning.  Hopefully they will finally get fixed now that the game has been relaunched.  

3 updates already this week, they are promising content updates regularly. And yeah, there will be little profit for them in this even with the X1 launch,I'm sure they are draining money the last two years pumping it back into the game to redeem their name. I think their brand image means more to them than short term profit so as you said, this isn't a case of early access gone wrong. Games like Star citizen or Ark are the ones people should be weary of, this deserves to be recognized as a positive move on HG games part. 

mmn, well for one Ark is already out there and they already got the boot up their arse when they pulled the DLC charge before the game left ea. Now the game is completed and out there, they are able to add onto it how they please, like every other indie dev out there has done so before. SC on the other hand isn't close to being finished and is entirely funded by people wanting to support the devs and the two seperate game modes themselves. No one has to be "weary" of the SC dev team, because you aren't being forced to contribute to it's devlopement. 

I think it's a bit narrow minded to suggest that NMS gets the pat on the back and all being forgiven, while the other two are highly unlikely to ever be forgiven no matter what they do (calling it right now for SC).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Hmm. I'll have to break my collector's edition back out, and give it another go, if it's indeed that much different.

I 100% Agree. The game just came out on the X1 about a week ago and I remember saying to myself I would not be getting the game because I remember hearing about how terrible it was. However, I did watch some recent interviews and commentaries on NEXT and that did sway me to purchase it in the end.

Overall, It is one of the most addicting and enjoyable games I have ever played (and it looks pretty great in most areas...except for those planet atmospheres lol). It's been years since I've craved to play a game.

And I'm especially excited because I know they plan to keep updating the game and make it better. I've heard of the possibility of Monthly updates sometime in the near future.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I'm conflicted on this game. Should I buy after that and make the practise of finishing games post-launch look acceptable in the eyes of other devs, or should I not buy it and make it look like it's not worth save a game like that after it fails?

That's up to you mate but I don't think its that type of situation. My opinion? I think its better to support devs fixing games for free rather than have them sweep it under the rug like ME:A or others or make players pay for the finished content in DLC twice over like destiny. HG messed up, they got bashed and instead of cutting and running they buckled down to fix the game and try for redemption and regardless of what IGN say think its clear the community has spoken and praised the game as it is now. 

Oh my gosh don't get me started on ME:A lol. Just thinking about everything that happened with that game pisses me off, I have never been subject to a gaming debacle that bad before.

I think a partial reason why NMS got released in such an unfinished state is most likely because Sony was pressuring them to release the game before it was truly ready (we see this scenario far too often with clueless publishers - which is pretty much all of them). The fact that they are doing their best to make the game great and have not charged any money for updates (or added microtransactions, which could be disastrously terrible in a game like that), is pretty telling. Not to mention, the developer got punished way more than was necessary for releasing the game in that state.

John2290 said:
Chazore said:

mmn, well for one Ark is already out there and they already got the boot up their arse when they pulled the DLC charge before the game left ea. Now the game is completed and out there, they are able to add onto it how they please, like every other indie dev out there has done so before. SC on the other hand isn't close to being finished and is entirely funded by people wanting to support the devs and the two seperate game modes themselves. No one has to be "weary" of the SC dev team, because you aren't being forced to contribute to it's devlopement. 

I think it's a bit narrow minded to suggest that NMS gets the pat on the back and all being forgiven, while the other two are highly unlikely to ever be forgiven no matter what they do (calling it right now for SC).

They don't need to be forgiven if they stop the mismanagement of the funds and release the game in a cohesive Beta state. Ark like early access games should never be forgiven but it's more on the fault of the consumer than anyone else and even more so with SC, Don't pay for unfinished products would be the lesson. 

It's not even talking about "being forgiven", because their game isn't even finished yet. You do not tell them how to make their game, they make the game people are funding them to make. You don't know the design process of how their game is being made, let alone fathom it. All folk around here on VGC go by are mere articles and one user who paid into it and clearly has a different take on it than the thousands more people out there who think differently from him and don't think it's a "scam". 

Ark egts what it gets due to how they handled the game from day 1 to the DLC fiasco, but after that, they get to add onto their game, just like every other indie dev gets to, and the merits from there on should be noted and not passed by. If we're going to judge everyone under the same exact microscope with the same rule-set, then everyone else would have to fall under it, but even then we know that isn't possible due to how varying the games are in their content, funding and design.

I find it unscrupulous that one can never ever be forgiven, but another can. it's literally creating an excuse for the other based on emotional attachment, feelings in general and a pinch of bias. Also, blaming the consumer to defend a product doesn't work so well either, otherwise we can blame CoD, Battlefield and the original NMS fanbase for the shortcomings, and we know that won't work there, so it shouldn't work anywhere else. 

"Don't pay for unfinished products".

Have you seen the games industry these days?. We are far from receiving finished products that don't require a single patch. if it requires so much as one patch, it's not complete nor finished at all. There is no getting around that. I don't need to ask my waiter to heat up my food for me or ask them to go back and get the salad, it comes with the meal and it comes on time and as a complete dish.

I know you dislike PC gaming and aren't very much into it, but if you're not into one of it's upcoming games and don't want to learn how it's being made and just how long it's taking to make it, then I'd suggest ignoring it entirely, rather than only, and I mean only pulling up the negatives that stem from it, while ignoring everything else, as it paints a bad imagine and it very much will involve me coming in to correct that image, because I've seen that song and dance before and it stems from willful ignorance and passive aggressiveness. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Are you saying Miyamoto is a liar?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I tried again man and I want to try it properly but I can't get over the fact that it is the same. Sure there are better space stations and building but in the end I'm still wandering around looking at things doing very little.

Last edited by The Fury - on 03 August 2018

Hmm, pie.

I will try it out if they give it to me for free and add 500 euro to that, and Geforce 1180ti superclocked.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.