By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spiderman Ps4 FW sales WW: what do you predict?

first week: More than 3,5 million units, worldwide! (i think)
lifetime: ca. 10 million units or more.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I'm going to guess 3m, but really it could be a lot more than this. I am expecting Sony to market the hell out of this game like never before. They are kind of making Spiderman their mascot at this point, not just for video games but for the whole company. They have a Venom movie and Enter the Spider Verse coming out this year. This is on top of Spiderman being in the Marvel movies, which means that they let Marvel do the hard job of making good movies, while Sony gets to sell all the merch.

Sony is pushing Spiderman hard in every single way. A PS4 bundle sold at $250 is not out of the question. Expect this to be their "Year of the Spiderman".

Sony's in a unbelievably good spot right now. This could've easily been just the year of God of War and they could've left it at that, but now they have Spiderman coming which could potentially be even bigger.

Then their upcoming games like The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding are each big enough to hold down a year by themselves and we're likely to get 2 or possibly all 3 of them next year depending on when PS5 is due to be out.

2.4 million fw
9-10m lifetime

Oh geez saikou no hero is coming. Marvel and Sony will do everything to promote this game to be huge. I can say it will sell around 2.5m first week and i hope 10m lt. But i must say right now it will outsell big players like Tomb Raider and new Spider will outsell Arkham Series ye will sell better than arkham city on ps3,x360 and pc together.

I'm a little hesitant about this for some reason. Is Spider-Man a character that will draw in gamers from all directions, or will it only appeal to Spidey fans? And how many such fans are there in the pool of current PS4 owners? Will it be enough to sell new systems?
I'll wait and see. It's a buy for me at least, I'm a longtime Marvel fan but the Spidey games of the past haven't been of sufficient quality for me to buy.

Around the Network

2.8m first week, expect it to be big

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Spiderman character is far more popular than any gaming character.everybody knows him.so I expect Spiderman ps4 to sell minimum 3 million FW.lifetime it will sell close to 15 million. May be even more with aggressive bundling.a 149$ ps4s bundle will smoke everything on the market.b it I don't see that happening.

2.2M But I would love to see it sell even better. :P

Dante9 said:
I'm a little hesitant about this for some reason. Is Spider-Man a character that will draw in gamers from all directions, or will it only appeal to Spidey fans? And how many such fans are there in the pool of current PS4 owners? Will it be enough to sell new systems?
I'll wait and see. It's a buy for me at least, I'm a longtime Marvel fan but the Spidey games of the past haven't been of sufficient quality for me to buy.

Spiderman is by far the most profitable super hero IP.

"The Licensing Letter listed Marvel's Spider-Man global retail sales at $1.3 billion and Avengers at $325 million in 2013, compared with DC's Batman at $494 million and Superman at $277 million."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281

pxrocks said:
Spiderman character is far more popular than any gaming character.everybody knows him.so I expect Spiderman ps4 to sell minimum 3 million FW.lifetime it will sell close to 15 million. May be even more with aggressive bundling.a 149$ ps4s bundle will smoke everything on the market.b it I don't see that happening.

$149 US might be a bit too aggressive, unless you are talking about a Black Friday deal.

3.5 million FW, 15 million LT

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon