By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spiderman Ps4 FW sales WW: what do you predict?

TheGamer_1995 said:
Let’s see:
US: 1.75m
EU: 1m
JP: 125
ROTW: 725k
WW= 3.6m
Digital + retail

The real megaton of this thread lies within this post. You predicted the Japanese sales EXACTLY. And very few would have guessed Japanese numbers that high. It completely blew away expectations there. Yet you guessed it. Your cover is blown. We know you came from the future. REVEAL YOURSELF! 

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
My prediction will be
2.5M
LTD of 15M or more with bundling

Crap! hahaha
I expected Spider man to have great legs but It shattered my FW prediction but I think I will get the LTD.

MasonADC said:
NYCrysis said:

3 days 3.3 million... Damn ya'll had some low expectations. We'll probably see 4.5-5 million 1st week.

No way will the 4 extra days add a million more

Looking at the 2nd week of media create 80K and UK 110K and those are 2 markets only. That's not outside in the realms of possibility. 
And inb4 you reply to me it's 2nd week.  Don't tell me that majority of the 80K and 110K are sold after the 4 days of that week because that's highly unlikely. 

MasonADC said:
NYCrysis said:

3 days 3.3 million... Damn ya'll had some low expectations. We'll probably see 4.5-5 million 1st week.

Remember, limited edition bundles are not included in that 3.3mil. it might already be sat at 3.4+mil for its first 3 days of sales. Do we know how well the Spidey bundle sold? 

Well pkayed, Sony, mayve 15 million lifetime?

Around the Network
Colocho said:
Everyone in this thread has some really high expectations... and althought I would love to see the game selling that well, I'm just wondering if they are at all realistic. How do these "expected" numbers compare to previous Spiderman games? What is the highest number of Units any spiderman game has achieved? I will go with 1.2M first week, 6M lifetime, which would b really good numbers for most franchises.

There is always hindsight to save us. I understand why people would have thought around that number seeing how previous Spidey games performed. But don't underestimate the power of high quality and fidelity of Sony since mid PS3 to now. The Lifetime numbers will more be like 12m - 15m

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Fei-Hung said:
MasonADC said:

Remember, limited edition bundles are not included in that 3.3mil. it might already be sat at 3.4+mil for its first 3 days of sales. Do we know how well the Spidey bundle sold? 

Seems like the 3.3M already include it.

But I would guess 100-200k limited edition seems reasonable estimative.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."