By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2018 NPD: PS4 #1 console, Mario Tennis Aces #1 software

The crossplay stuff may have had some impact. At least that is what I think Matt is implying.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/11012452/

Around the Network

Oh shit my boy Spidey is doing better in pre-orders then God of War.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-june-2018-ps4-top-selling-current-gen-hw-nes-1-ps4-xbox-switch-up-yoy.59326/page-6#post-11012591

Slarvax said:
animegaming said:

Link to the video please.

https://youtu.be/hUSt1zGcJC0

Aw, disappointed he didn't run down the classic video game charts this month.

Did anything fall off a cliff yet? No every1 is doing well? :(

flashfire926 said:
I think it's pretty much a given PS4 will take July, August, and September, cleanly. Starting from October things get a little iffy with Super Mario Party and Forza Horizon 4 launching in those months. Then in November there is Pokemon for Switch, but Xbox/PS4 will have crazy BF deals, so that remains to be seen....

???

I take it that you haven't looked at our NPD predicting thread for the past 5 weeks?

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
I think it's pretty much a given PS4 will take July, August, and September, cleanly. Starting from October things get a little iffy with Super Mario Party and Forza Horizon 4 launching in those months. Then in November there is Pokemon for Switch, but Xbox/PS4 will have crazy BF deals, so that remains to be seen....

You seem to be forgetting RDR2.

What will most likely be the biggest game of the year.

StarDoor said:
flashfire926 said:

???

I take it that you haven't looked at our NPD predicting thread for the past 5 weeks?

Nah, I havent. Infact I'm somewhat out of the loop on things. So this may very well be a shot in the dark.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:

Switch will take August.
PS4 will take September (Spiderman).
PS4 will take Oktober (RDR2 marketing)

Nov + December? toss up months, likely be close between all 3.

Mario party and Forza wont matter at all compaired to RDR2.

Megiddo said:
So that's what, February, March, April, May, and June that PS4 has been on top now? Doesn't look like the streak will continue for July though.

Taking this back since it hasn't been confirmed that PS4 sold more units than X1/Switch yet. It seems all the percentages in the NPD report were based on money sales rather than units which makes it pretty much impossible to determine which console (other than the NES Classic) sold the most units. So until there is leaked info or Matt voluntarily provides more, I'd say June is a wash.

Mid-Gen refreshes have been a huge success IMO. XBox One being double this year and on track for its best year ever is mainly due to XBox One X.

PS4 not seeing the usual decline you would expect to see in a system in year 5 IMO also points to PS4 Pro helping offset usual hardware fatigue.

People who said this idea wouldn't work, would splinter the market, wouldn't sell, etc. were wrong.