By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2018 NPD: PS4 #1 console, Mario Tennis Aces #1 software

Train wreck said:
Mat is mentioning that if the NES classic was added to the Switch total, Nintendo would be #1 in hardware (Dont know if the NES classic was #1 overall in terms of hardware, from the wording it seems so). No word on Sony's Y/Y performance which is odd considering it sold 374K last year, I'm guessing its slightly down.

In the youtube video, he said both PS4 and Switch were up.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Train wreck said:
Mat is mentioning that if the NES classic was added to the Switch total, Nintendo would be #1 in hardware (Dont know if the NES classic was #1 overall in terms of hardware, from the wording it seems so). No word on Sony's Y/Y performance which is odd considering it sold 374K last year, I'm guessing its slightly down.

Link to the video please.

NES Classic at #1 in units.

Wow, probably one of Nintendo's best product ideas.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/11011288/

So that's what, February, March, April, May, and June that PS4 has been on top now? Doesn't look like the streak will continue for July though.

animegaming said:
Slarvax said:

Link to the video please.

https://youtu.be/hUSt1zGcJC0

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Makes sense. Not much interesting software to push Switch in June. But considering Aces was the #1 software releasing late in the month is pretty impressive.

I think it's pretty much a given PS4 will take July, August, and September, cleanly. Starting from October things get a little iffy with Super Mario Party and Forza Horizon 4 launching in those months. Then in November there is Pokemon for Switch, but Xbox/PS4 will have crazy BF deals, so that remains to be seen....

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

If we go by these numbers and the NPD predicting tool we would get

PS4 354,400
NSW 322,500
XBOX 202,080

I don't think this is correct though if xbox sold almost double what it did last year.

Give me numbers damn it!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

JSG87 said:
If we go by these numbers and the NPD predicting tool we would get

PS4 354,400
NSW 322,500
XBOX 202,080

I don't think this is correct though if xbox sold almost double what it did last year.

I think that was revenue not units sold though.