Forums - Movies Discussion - Disney fires 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director James Gunn over 'indefensible' old tweets

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ganoncrotch said:

They're comedy films!

Don't forget what the best medicine is!!

They might have cured cancer >.>

If that's the case, then you should watch a better comedy film than .... Guardians of the Galaxy ... 

To kill that cancer betterer! 

Guardians 2 was betterest already, was hoping that 3 could have been the icing on the laughter medicine cake!

Talking about this has reminded me of Quills past in the intro to Guardians 1... now I'm sad.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

If that's the case, then you should watch a better comedy film than .... Guardians of the Galaxy ... 

To kill that cancer betterer! 

Guardians 2 was betterest already, was hoping that 3 could have been the icing on the laughter medicine cake!

Talking about this has reminded me of Quills past in the intro to Guardians 1... now I'm sad.

It does suck. It would have been nice to at least have a trilogy of films by one director. But I think I can understand this firing more than most of the prior "I dug random shit up on twitter" firings .... 

Good. Good riddance to that scum. Not only is he nasty,he's a tool.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

This is just awful, pedophilia is not something to joke about. I am usually not someone that would support firings like this, but these tweets was so far beyond the line of acceptability in my opinion.

Nothing to see here, move along

I'm more and more convinced people should get a licence before being allowed to use social media.

Around the Network

Another one fired by the modern Inquisition for thought crime.

I mean why did he think they were funny in the 1st place?

Watch the next Guardians of the Galaxy be utter crap.... thank you Disney! *_*

I can’t lie, I laughed at the ones they mentioned, but I’m completely desensitized though, and I can see why they would fire him. The tweets sounded just weird to me, not really offensive. Like he was on drugs and just trying to shock people with edgy humor.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Alt-right conspiracy theorists digging up old tweets and creating a faux media outrage to get someone fired?! So unlike them.

The tweets were in poor taste, but not only had Gunn already apologized and deleted the tweets, Disney hired him AFTER the apology.
Really, the story is that the alt-right/gaters has learned that PR can get panicky easily, and has worked to exploit that by targeting the most outspoken and the most vulnerable of their critics.
Mike Cernovich (who frequently posts far worse) and all the either garbage people don't care about Gunn's decade old tweets; they just want him to shut up.