By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Spyro very possibly, almost certainly, confirmed for Nintendo Switch

Hope so cause Switch is where i wanted it. If it's not day and date i can wait, September is stacked anyways

Around the Network

Wasn't that obvious? Why would Activision not do with Spyro the same that they did with Crash?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

OTBWY said:

Spyro Reignited Trilogy seems to be coming to the Nintendo Switch. The official site for the game has it listed (twice) as an option for the Switch. There might be an official announcement very soon. What do you guys think? Direct upcoming? Also, how excited are you guys for another PS1 classic finally coming to a Nintendo platform? I know I am.

I never thought I'd see the day where you showed excitement about something PS related

OT: I'm happy that it's coming for all platforms. Crash seems to do really good on all 4 platforms. I've always been more of a Spyro guy so here's hoping it will do good as well. I'm really looking forward to an awesome nostalgia fix.

Last edited by Replicant - on 19 July 2018

It was weird for me to see Tomb Raider on a non-PlayStation console ages ago, and it definitely seems weird with Spyro and Crash as well (even though they already have for years).

What IP's do Sony own directly? It seems like everything is getting ported these days.

Bringing it over makes logical sense; it has the same hardware roots and likely the same performance profile as the Crash N.Sane Trilogy and that was ported to Switch just fine. Nintendo owners love these kind of games, it would almost certainly sell well.

Around the Network
Replicant said:
OTBWY said:

Spyro Reignited Trilogy seems to be coming to the Nintendo Switch. The official site for the game has it listed (twice) as an option for the Switch. There might be an official announcement very soon. What do you guys think? Direct upcoming? Also, how excited are you guys for another PS1 classic finally coming to a Nintendo platform? I know I am.

I never thought I'd see the day where you showed excitement about something PS related

OT: I'm happy that it's coming for all platforms. Crash seems to do really good on all 4 platforms. I've always been more of a Spyro guy so here's hoping it will do good as well. I'm really looking forward to an awesome nostalgia fix.

If only you'd see my rather large PS1 collection.

Sony didn't feel like paying anymore.

Definitely will get it on switch if they release at the same time. Give me a Spyro amiibo too please

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Was expecting this. Will probably be a later port.

Good news!

Pocky Lover Boy!