By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Spyro very possibly, almost certainly, confirmed for Nintendo Switch

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

It was released on PS4 a year earlier only because game has exclusive for PS4 for one year, point that after one year game was released on other 3 platforms also roves that. Despite that, I wouldnt suprised at all if Nintendo keep back announcement for Nintendo Direct, also like DonFerari stated, that isn't a proof that they are holding it just to increase doubledip in any case.

It just happens often enough. Is the Switch really that hard to make games for? I mean Dark Souls Remastered got delayed without much explanation.

Doest really!? We know for Dark Souls and now maybe for Spyro. Delays dont need explanation, games are delaying all the time and in over 90% cases game couldn't be done on time or needed extra polishing, not to mention that in case of Dark Souls Remastered ports for PS4/XB1 and Switch are done but totally different teams not same one.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

It was released on PS4 a year earlier only because game has exclusive for PS4 for one year, point that after one year game was released on other 3 platforms also roves that. Despite that, I wouldnt suprised at all if Nintendo keep back announcement for Nintendo Direct, also like DonFerari stated, that isn't a proof that they are holding it just to increase doubledip in any case.

It just happens often enough. Is the Switch really that hard to make games for? I mean Dark Souls Remastered got delayed without much explanation.

Probably it have to do with small budget and teams that they prioritize where they think they will sell more and finish faster than double dip. Considering for evidence the temp exclusives of X360 and Tomb Raider for X1 we have seem that it is much more likely that you'll lose sales by delaying 1 year than earn for double dips. Sure we have cases like TLOU that had earned sony a lot of sales with TLOUR and perhaps portability is enough reason for major double dips (at least in our bubbles seems like there have been a lot of double dips for portability).

Would like to see some numbers to evaluate how much double dip Switch gets compared to possible lost sales from delayed launch. Perhaps we are wrong and it makes a lot of economical sense for publishers to do it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Johnw1104 said:
It was weird for me to see Tomb Raider on a non-PlayStation console ages ago, and it definitely seems weird with Spyro and Crash as well (even though they already have for years).

What IP's do Sony own directly? It seems like everything is getting ported these days.

How? Tomb raider was a PC, SATURN, and PS1 title on launch. It was never a playstation exclusive title that sony had any rights over. So why were you so shocked?

Sony bought temporary exclusive rights just as all major console providers have been doing for ages. That ended in 2000 though LOL. It has always been a PC first title though.

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

We heard often that it's actually rather easy to develop for Switch, and we have the delay of one specific game. Pick your side.

errorpwns said:
Johnw1104 said:
It was weird for me to see Tomb Raider on a non-PlayStation console ages ago, and it definitely seems weird with Spyro and Crash as well (even though they already have for years).

What IP's do Sony own directly? It seems like everything is getting ported these days.

How? Tomb raider was a PC, SATURN, and PS1 title on launch. It was never a playstation exclusive title that sony had any rights over. So why were you so shocked?

Sony bought temporary exclusive rights just as all major console providers have been doing for ages. That ended in 2000 though LOL. It has always been a PC first title though.

PC isn't branded so naturally if playstation is the predominant console a game is on, people with associate it with playstation. The lack of competition in the late 90s made many people think sony owned a lot of properties like Tekken, Final Fantasy, GTA etc