Forums - Sony Discussion - what was your "FIRST GAME" for a playstation system?

First would be Nascar '98.

I was a big RC Pro-am player on Nintendo and Uniracers was probably my most played game on my SNES so I knew I needed a racing game to start with. I chose Nascar '98 because it had a 'paintball mode' cheat where you could shoot paintballs at other cars and make them spin out and/or crash. So I would alternate between trying to win races seriously and trying to knock out ever other car out of the race. It was a good balance and I put a looooot of time into that game. More early pickups were Destruction Derby and Nightmare Creatures.

Around the Network

Battle Arena Toshinden

I can't remember... It was either a Tomb Raider game or a WCW wrestling game.

mine was Jet Moto

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Resident Evil
Twisted Metal
Crash Bandicoot 2
Jet Moto
Need for Speed

Oh and Tekken 2

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 17 July 2018

Around the Network

This one for the PS1, back in 1997

JamesGarret said:

This one for the PS1, back in 1997

Same for me. MMX4 i love this game, my first PS game.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

I can't remember clearly, though I think it's Burnout 3: Takedown for PS2.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Spyro The Dragon. The very first game i played.

Final Fantasy VII.

I actually had no interest in the PlayStation after it was first announced. I was all about Nintendo at the time. But when it turned out that the next installment of Final Fantasy was going to be a PS1 exclusive, well, I had to buy one. And while I did buy a few other games for my PS1, I spent most of my time that generation playing on the N64.