By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what was your "FIRST GAME" for a playstation system?

my first game i purchased for a sony hardware was ridge racer for plastation 1...an amazing game and my first 3d game i played, and for that time it was a must have game😉

Around the Network

The first game i bought as a Playstation-owner was Batman Arkham Asylum, but the first game i Playstation-game i bought was Tomorrow Never Dies on PS1 so i could play it on my cousin's console

Crash Bandicoot and Porche Challenge. Both came with the system when I got the PS1.

So, the first game I owned for a Playstation system was Final Fantasy 9. I never actually owned a PS1 and fully played the game on the PSX emulator ePSXe.

First game I bought after my brother bought a PS2 was Final Fantasy 10. I MUCH MUCH MUCH preferred Final Fantasy 9.

I used to like Formula 1 as a kid, so Formula 1 98 was the first game I got. I still have it, but I haven't played it in a very, very long time. I was fun but I suspect I wouldn't like it very much anymore since apparently it wasn't the greatest racing game...

Around the Network

On my cousin Gran Turismo, I was in love ever since. Then I bought mine PS and the first memorable game for me was FF IX, which I still care a lot and finished a run just 2 days ago. Other 2 very memorable were Syphon Filter and Soul Reaver (which I was dumb founded when I discovered at the end it would continue at a sequel - it says so in the own game - and later discovered I would need to buy PS2 to do it, I did) which was the first Classic I played on PS3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I played a ton of games on PS before owning one, but the first game I actually bought for Playstation was Dino Crisis....i think. xD

Crash Bandicoot 3. Was the game we got with the system.

I didn't get into PS until I got a PS2, my first game on it was Dragon Quest VIII. I got it because of the Final Fantasy XII demo disc but ended up loving the hell out of Dragon Quest VIII, so much so that it's still my favorite game of all time.

SpongeBob Revenge of the Flying dutchman, it was awful and I loved it. I didn't have a memory card until 2 months later so I replayed the first few areas and left the PS2 on sometimes for days.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian