Forums - Sony Discussion - what was your "FIRST GAME" for a playstation system?

I think it was Tekken 2 but I'm not certain.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said: 
Ljink96 said:
I didn't get into PS until I got a PS2, my first game on it was Dragon Quest VIII. I got it because of the Final Fantasy XII demo disc but ended up loving the hell out of Dragon Quest VIII, so much so that it's still my favorite game of all time.

Yeah Dragon Quest VIII is perfect. Level 5 was on fire during the PS2 days. Have you tried Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, and Dark Cloud 2? 

Yeah, they really kicked ass on the PS2. I have played all 3 of those games and also really love them. Rogue Galaxy was a real standout for me as well. Loved the combat, it in a way reminds me of maybe the first Xenoblade Chronicles, years before it came out on Wii. And Dark Cloud, man what can be said about it that already hasn't. Kinda hoping Level 5 revisits the series with Dark Cloud 3. 

The first PS1 game I played was a Demo, and it was Battle Arena Toshinden.
I didn't have a PS1 of my own so I played all my PS1 games on my friend's consoles. I can't quite remember what the first full game I played was. But it might have been Resident Evil.

The PS2 was the first PS console I owned, and I believe the first game I owned for it was Final Fantasy X. I had a modded PS2, so I played the Japanese version about 1 year before it came to the EU.

Cerebralbore101 said: 

I bought a PS2 around 2005 after discovering a little Mom n' Pop used game store called Gamers. The first games I played were Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Solid, and Castlevania Symphony of the Night. The one game out of that batch that really stood out was Final Fantasy Tactics. IMO that game was genius, and it got me into the turn based strategy genre. 

Those are some great games to start out on. Final Fantasy Tactics is also one of my favorites. Love the music in that game.
If they add Agrias to Dissidia NT, I'll buy that game.

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 July 2018

Twisted Metal 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr7KeT7egH4

Please Sony bring back Twisted Metal.

I was a pretty blind Nintendo fanboy for a good chunk of my childhood, so I only got a PS2 around 2011/2012 if I remember correctly. I got it with God of War, Shadow of the Colossus and Silent Hill 2. The first one I played was God of War, which was my least favorite of the three, but I still found it to be pretty enjoyable. SotC and SH2 are now some of my favorite games of all time.

My FFVI analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk

My Shadow of the Colossus analysis: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ

Around the Network

Tomb Raider II.

I had a Saturn, and I played the first one on it. Then I got a PSOne, and then got TRII for it. I didn't get deep into PlayStation's world until the PS2. I bought one in 2002 together with Final Fantasy X and MGS2. I don't remember which one I booted first, but I consider that my real beginning with PlayStation.

The first thing I played was the Tekken 2 demo.  I thought it was awesome.

First game I bought was probably Final Fantasy VII.  That game was the reason I turned traitor to Nintendo, after all.  

Ridge Racer, Battle Arena Toshinden, Warhark, and Destruction Derby. Can't remember which I popped in first for suuuure. Think it was Ridge Racer. I tried the CD trick fairly quickly with a few different CD's.

Chinese food for breakfast

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.

Jumping flash. Damn that was an awesome game.