By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Third party Switch ports don't necessarily need to sell as much as PS4 to be successful

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

When did I say they were dumb or acting out of childish hate? I simply said that they make mistakes sometimes, like every company and every human being.

Didn't say you said it, but just look to other post I answered here and also a lot of threads were pro-Nintendo fans call devs dumb and hateful for not porting a game over.

I'm not responsible for what other people say.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Didn't say you said it, but just look to other post I answered here and also a lot of threads were pro-Nintendo fans call devs dumb and hateful for not porting a game over.

I know, but when you are replying to that point it must be taken in consideration. But we both agree companies make mistakes that sometimes can even appear dumble in hindsight. But no coompany makes decision intend to lose money so they can giggle =]

So for Switch case some may have thought before release that it wouldn't be  major hit, others may just though their genre isn't that much sellable on Nintendo or just not compatible port possible. Some of those estimates could be wrong but I wouldn't say it's prepaposterous decisions most of time.

And most people calling high ups on companies dumb probably would made dumber decisions if they were in similar position.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

I know, but when you are replying to that point it must be taken in consideration. But we both agree companies make mistakes that sometimes can even appear dumble in hindsight. But no coompany makes decision intend to lose money so they can giggle =]

So for Switch case some may have thought before release that it wouldn't be  major hit, others may just though their genre isn't that much sellable on Nintendo or just not compatible port possible. Some of those estimates could be wrong but I wouldn't say it's prepaposterous decisions most of time.

Yeah, naturally there's people on both sides of the debate who take things to the extreme. And I agree, no company makes bad decisions on purpose just for giggles, it's just that we can't always know at the time if the choice we're making will turn out to be the best one.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah, naturally there's people on both sides of the debate who take things to the extreme. And I agree, no company makes bad decisions on purpose just for giggles, it's just that we can't always know at the time if the choice we're making will turn out to be the best one.

Yep people go to extreme when they want to defend a point. But I'm pleased that game by game Switch is showing that it can sell 3rd party games

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

zorg1000 said:

Which games in peticular should be doing better?

Most of the 3rd party support on Switch consists of indies, niche Japanese titles, kid/family titles & late ports/remasters.

None of these are really the type of games that scream huge sales and in most cases are doing pretty well.

If they are those then your measure for success comparing to other platforms already get disproven by you.

Say what? I have no clue what that means.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

That's a cool pattern I watched. It doesn't matter for which company, many argue: "But I found somewhere in the internet some fan who said somethign ridiculous, so you're a fan of the same company, you're responsible and have to argue that." It happens for Sony-fans, Nintendo-fans, Apple-fans or whatever-fans.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

That's a cool pattern I watched. It doesn't matter for which company, many argue: "But I found somewhere in the internet some fan who said somethign ridiculous, so you're a fan of the same company, you're responsible and have to argue that." It happens for Sony-fans, Nintendo-fans, Apple-fans or whatever-fans.

Don is especially bad at this, ive noticed him do it multiple recently.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Mnementh said:

Yeah and so bad at it... no one even said the devs were dumb in this thread right it was somewhere else on the internet... and I said Curl-6 said it right?

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah and so bad at it... no one even said the devs were dumb in this thread right it was somewhere else on the internet... and I said Curl-6 said it right?

You responded to curl: "So no i refuse to accept the idea of them being DUMB"

I mean how do you not see how this comes off as you telling him hes calling them dumb? Like i said, ive seen you do this a few times recently, even to me on one or two occasions.

I believe its not intentional but if youre going to respond to someone and argue against points they never made then its probably best to state you arent referring to them from the start.

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:

Nobody said that you said curl said it. I explicitly said, that these opinions are taken from someone else and a third person has to argue this. You said it yourself so:

"I know, but when you are replying to that point it must be taken in consideration."

No, it mustn't taken into consideration, what someone else says to justify my argument.

It isn't something from you alone (I don't make checklists who made which argument fallacy how often), I just noticed it in many people. And it happens to Sony fans the same, that to their argument is replied: "But some random person who happens to be Sony fan  said ..."

I didn't meant to single you out, it was just the moment taht I had to express my general disappointment about this argumental strategy. So please don't take it personal, I don't even know if you do stuff like that more often, as I said, I only notice the behaviour and forget who it was. I only noticed it is used against all sides, not only Nintendo.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]