By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anybody hate used games as much as me?

Do you hate used games?

Yes 11 17.19%

No 53 82.81%

Total:64

I like digital, new and second hand. I don't care, actually. I usually go for the cheaper, unless it's something that I'm really hyped and I pre-order.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Half of my consoles are used.....

How much worse for you is that, OP?

No, i don't think about what the previous owner did with the disc before they sold it. That being said i haven't bought a used game since i was 16/17

don't hate any games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

i never buy used games not because of a fear of germs or anything. but just to support the developer i dont buy anything used just dont like the idea of the item being owned by someone else before me

Last edited by iamsomeone - on 28 June 2018

Around the Network

It never bothered me. They're cheap and easy to get your hands on. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

I'm 100% on board with used games. Get a game I want at a cheaper price, which means I save money towards any future purposes I wish to make.Always a win for me. But I can see the issues people have with it based off the type of quality a disc or game might be in. Just depends on where you buy from I suppose.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
I'm 100% on board with used games. Get a game I want at a cheaper price, which means I save money towards any future purposes I wish to make.Always a win for me. But I can see the issues people have with it based off the type of quality a disc or game might be in. Just depends on where you buy from I suppose.

Yeah I've seen a few people have issues over this sort of thing but places here in Ireland and the UK have CEX who offer a guarantee that the goods you buy from them will work and offer very long cover on second hand consoles and other electronics.

You could also look at it from another point of view, if you buy a used game you are technically recycling something which another person has no use with anymore, what would the alternate be if used games market didn't exist? For them to either leave the item on a shelf forever or else to landfill it, the system in place now means that gamer can get rid of the item in a way that they get some cash back towards what they'll likely spend on another new game (as many stores off more store credit than cash for games) so the cash one person doesn't spend on a new game by buying it used actually still part way funds the sale of another new title as well as takes care of a recycling job (in a way)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah I've seen a few people have issues over this sort of thing but places here in Ireland and the UK have CEX who offer a guarantee that the goods you buy from them will work and offer very long cover on second hand consoles and other electronics.

You could also look at it from another point of view, if you buy a used game you are technically recycling something which another person has no use with anymore, what would the alternate be if used games market didn't exist? For them to either leave the item on a shelf forever or else to landfill it, the system in place now means that gamer can get rid of the item in a way that they get some cash back towards what they'll likely spend on another new game (as many stores off more store credit than cash for games) so the cash one person doesn't spend on a new game by buying it used actually still part way funds the sale of another new title as well as takes care of a recycling job (in a way)

Yes. It's also good to look at it from the perspective of like if I myself sell a game that I have no intention of playing again, I can sell it used and the buyer of it could potentially forge his or her own memories with it. It's all recycling like you said, one mans junk is another's treasure.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Wut? Not at all. Used games allow me to get some games on the cheap that i would otherwise never get.

I am not bothered at all about some use on the box. Only care if the game runs properly.