By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anybody hate used games as much as me?

Do you hate used games?

Yes 11 17.19%

No 53 82.81%

Total:64
caffeinade said:
No.

Death to physical games; death to pre-owned games.
Digital forever!

What I'm doing with my PC games now is trying to get them both physically, because I like owning them, and if they're on sale getting them digitally because Steam/GOG try to make the games more compatible so I don't have to do the work! However, I can't get Tomb Raider 1 or Hitman: Codename 47 to work for some reason.

Around the Network

I only buy used games if they have the original case, I never buy loose discs or cartridges, unless they are retro.

My kids go to grade school, I have super immunity now. A few germs from a disc case is nothing compared to grade school.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

What I'm doing with my PC games now is trying to get them both physically, because I like owning them, and if they're on sale getting them digitally because Steam/GOG try to make the games more compatible so I don't have to do the work! However, I can't get Tomb Raider 1 or Hitman: Codename 47 to work for some reason.

Can't you just add physical PC games to your Steam library rather than having to buy them twice though? I know I've got the physical disc for a bunch of PC games that I've added to my Steam library and can now just download from Steam whenever I want without having to use the disc. It unfortunately doesn't work for games not on Steam though.

If the game uses Steam from the disc version, I'm talking about games from the 80s, 90s, early 2000s, etc. that were pre-Steam or that didn't come with a Steam version.

I buy used games most of the time. and i dont care if people dont like it. its my choice. and when im done, trade them in for more used games.

Around the Network

I have nothing against used games, but personally I don't buy used games because most of the time they're almost the same price as new, so I rather pay the bit extra to ensure that my copy is in the best condition possible.

dx11332sega said:
The Fury said:
Dude, if you have a problem with that, don't ever touch a coin... or a door handle. Ever.

I'm ok with money  I'm just thinking too deep since certain germs come with come shots to a tomb raider ps2 case not everyone is getting hard to some chick on certain game cases or Master Chief himself I'm just It's not exactly the sneeze that makes me think of never buying used It's having the thought that  some one did something to there cases like this ?

Well, I got a copy of that game for a dollar

Xxain said:
Nowadays I do not buy used games any more. I hate buying a really great game used as the developer makes nothing off it.

Exactly this. And ontop of that, it blows my mind that people will buy used instead of new to save a couple bucks. Just saw that the used version of GoW at Gamestop is far ahead of the closest new version. And the kicker is that the used version costs $58.

pitzy272 said:
Xxain said:
Nowadays I do not buy used games any more. I hate buying a really great game used as the developer makes nothing off it.

Exactly this. And ontop of that, it blows my mind that people will buy used instead of new to save a couple bucks. Just saw that the used version of GoW at Gamestop is far ahead of the closest new version. And the kicker is that the used version costs $58.

I buy a lot of used games for between 50 cents and $5, so I'm saving a substantial amount of money. In any case, the developer doesn't directly make money off of sales anyway to my knowledge, the publisher pays the developer.

Yes, being a clean freak, I always cleaned them with wet wipes, but then I moved to digital.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.