By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: "MHW can't be done on Switch." But might make a Switch specific MH game. (Rumor)

Azuren said:

The article pretty explicitly stated that Capcom says it can't be done. Considering their previous desire to determine if it was possible and that from a purely business standpoint it would be smart to port it, it's safe to say it can't be done because of hardware limitations.

I'm not sure if you read my first post or not, but saying it can't be done doesn't mean it can't be done due to graphical limitations. You are assigning a value to Capcom's words that isn't there. However, if there is an extension to these quotes from the shareholder meaning to which Capcom does explicitly state that it cannot be done due to graphical limitations, then obviously you'd be correct.

And yet, above all this, it can be done no matter the graphics or not. If Capcom truly felt the desire to port it over, they could in some way, shape or form.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
HintHRO said:

Still in denial after this clear statement? Switch can't handle MHW, done. Everybody knows this. Switch doesn't even run the 3DS port in 60FPS. ''Business-related reasons'' are so unlikely when you consider the success of the Switch. If MHW on Switch was possible, nobody would be stupid enough to not make a port ASAP. 

Monster Hunter XX supporting crossplay between the 3DS and Switch versions probably factored into the decision of keeping the Switch version at 30fps.

Is that why Fortnite on Switch is 30fps and on PC/X1 60fps? Is that why PC gamers are able to play with eachother with such enormous variety in hardware/performance? 

HintHRO said:
wombat123 said:

Monster Hunter XX supporting crossplay between the 3DS and Switch versions probably factored into the decision of keeping the Switch version at 30fps.

Is that why Fortnite on Switch is 30fps and on PC/X1 60fps? Is that why PC gamers are able to play with eachother with such enormous variety in hardware/performance? 

Again, you lose out in a sidetrack. WiiU could do MonHun ported form 3DS in 1080p60. There is nothing in Double Cross that seems to up the challenge in any way. The decision to have double cross on Switch in 30fps is no testament to hardware limitations. It's a decision from Capcom, probably to keep the port cheap.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

routsounmanman said:
Azuren said:

First, John's post was in response to you claiming that World is just MH HD. Quit moving goalposts and setting up strawmen- you clearly didn't know what you were talking about. Man up and admit you were speaking from an uninformed place and you'll retain much more dignity than you would strawmanning against facts.

Second, the way you're acting and the performance you demand of the Switch means one of two things. Either you're not a developer at all, or you're making guesses from a game you know absolutely nothing about. If it's the former, shame for impersonating one to make a point. If it's the latter, shame for not behaving like a developer at all.

Honestly, arguing against the word of one of the biggest names in gaming when they have nearly overwhelming support and are enjoying their new personal Golden Age just seems ridiculous. The Wii/DS era also started a decade ago, and I would hardly expect a person to be the same after ten years, much less a company with regular seat changes.

And Capcom is stupid? Are they stupid because they made gangbusters where all of the Nintendo MH fans said they would lose money? Are they stupid because they remembered Mega Man is dope? Are they stupid because the remembered Resident Evil is a horror game first, not action? Are they stupid because they agreed that DmC was awful and is instead making DMC5? They might have been stupid in the past, they're killing it right now.

I actually own the game and a PS4 Pro. I see a shiny coat of paint, and the same rigid movement, mechanics and AI, just smoothed out and sped up. Again, vastly superior to MH on 3DS, just nothing the Switch could not handle. Apparently massive worlds, multiple enemies fighting each other or moving through the map did not exist on PS3. Good to know.

And yes, they are indeed stupid. A large portion of the community is calling them Crapcom for a reason. A large portion of the Nintendo fan-base specifically is enraged towards them.

They "remembered" Mega Man, yes. Who "forgot" him in the first place? Who drove him into the mud? Funny you mention RE7, cause it sold way less than RE6, a moving turd of a game. And funny you don't mention SFV and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. I guess they couldn't fit into your "success". The sole HUGE success they have is MHW, and I was on of those people that thought it would flop, that much I admit, at least in comparison to other entries in the series.

If that's all you see from the change to World, then I'm just going to assume you're here with the intent of being disingenuous. I'm a vet from the OG Monster Hunter (I still fondly remember headlocking and "pl8" runs), and the changes to gameplay have rocked the series all the way to its core. They may seem like small changes, but no loading zones, collecting/using items while in motion, destructible environments, and the Slinger have changed Monster Hunter in massive ways.

And no, a large majority is not- it's a group of your friends, and likely not without reason. Capcom has been giving Nintendo the shit end of the stick lately... But Capcom has been dominating. They've been addressing a lot of complaints one at a time, and it's showing.

And I didn't mention those because those did not happen within the timeline of Capcom's redemption. And while RE7 didn't sell as well, it does still show that they listened.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

JRPGfan said:
Pagan said:

300 *157 gflops undocked and 700  *393 docked. What did you guys thought will happen?

Pretty sure you got those numbers wrong.
Switch is 157 Gflops (handheld) and 393 Gflops (docked)  (PS4 = 1,84 Tflops, XB1 = 1,31 Tflops)

also everyone was always saying this.... that Switch wouldnt be able to run MHW (back in the old thread about it).
So its not really a surprise to anyone (or atleast it shouldnt be).

this is less than Wii U, no? How it can be right?

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Switch cant run current gen games, dunno why it is so hard to understand. If it was possible, Ubisoft their literally best friend would have been releasing their AAA titles on Switch.

EricFabian said:
JRPGfan said:

Pretty sure you got those numbers wrong.
Switch is 157 Gflops (handheld) and 393 Gflops (docked)  (PS4 = 1,84 Tflops, XB1 = 1,31 Tflops)

also everyone was always saying this.... that Switch wouldnt be able to run MHW (back in the old thread about it).
So its not really a surprise to anyone (or atleast it shouldnt be).

this is less than Wii U, no? How it can be right?

Wii U was 176 Gflops (more than the Switch is in handheld mode).
BUT because its newer technology and not all flops are equal, the Switch in handheld mode, is a tiny bit faster than the Wii U was.
When docked its alot faster than the Wii U was.

So no its not less than the Wii U.
393 > 176

(factor in the newer tech, and the Switch is alot more powerfull than the Wii U)
(like the Switch is probably x3 performance of the Wii U, when docked.... but still really weak compaired to the PS4)

Sounds like a waste of time and resources. Why make a MH for the 20m Switches when the 120m PS4/X1 userbase has just showed you that they were ready to buy more and more expensive MH, with record-breaking digital ratio?

ryuzaki57 said:

Sounds like a waste of time and resources. Why make a MH for the 20m Switches when the 120m PS4/X1 userbase has just showed you that they were ready to buy more and more expensive MH, with record-breaking digital ratio?

Because they know there's a demand and userbase almost as large on the Switch/3DS, and they won't have to bust their balls or budget having to make the game pretty for them. Why would they limit their sales potential?

ryuzaki57 said:

Make money on successful platforms -//- Make money on other successful platform as well.

Wow, just answered the question!

Also, installbases mean very little, especially with it being multiplat.