By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: "MHW can't be done on Switch." But might make a Switch specific MH game. (Rumor)

routsounmanman said:
Kerotan said:
Exactly as I predicted. Switch can't handle mh5 and they'd be crazy to ignore the next gen Nintendo handheld so will obviously make a new mh for it. Many disagreed but looks like I was right again.

Capcom also apparently couldn't make RE7 to work on the Switch natively so they made the cloud version. They must be right, right? 

Just because Capcom is lazy af and stupid doesn't automatically mean MHW cannot work on Switch. I have played the game, please point me to the things that simply could not work on the Switch. You apparently have some developer knowledge.

You could just as easily say Nintendo is lazy not making their console at least on par with the base xb1 or make a home console. If they're not willing to they can't expect all developers to go above and beyond for them.

Around the Network

Would MH fans want them to waste time on porting MHWorld to Switch, or make a new game in the series on the Switch?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
routsounmanman said:

Capcom also apparently couldn't make RE7 to work on the Switch natively so they made the cloud version. They must be right, right? 

Just because Capcom is lazy af and stupid doesn't automatically mean MHW cannot work on Switch. I have played the game, please point me to the things that simply could not work on the Switch. You apparently have some developer knowledge.

You could just as easily say Nintendo is lazy not making their console at least on par with the base xb1 or make a home console. If they're not willing to they can't expect all developers to go above and beyond for them.

I'd love to rebuke this, but if I imply anything equivalent about Xbox and our holiness Playstaion, I'll be banned for flaming. I'll let someone else point out the irony.

ryuzaki57 said:

Sounds like a waste of time and resources. Why make a MH for the 20m Switches when the 120m PS4/X1 userbase has just showed you that they were ready to buy more and more expensive MH, with record-breaking digital ratio?

Because it can Sell 4million copies in Japan Alone. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Would MH fans want them to waste time on porting MHWorld to Switch, or make a new game in the series on the Switch?

New game in the series. The real question is if 3DS should be left behind.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Jranation said:

New game in the series. The real question is if 3DS should be left behind.

If there is an MH game coming in 2019 I can see it get release both 3DS and Switch. But if its 2020 I dont see a 3DS version. That is just in my "time" perspective. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hiku said:
routsounmanman said: 

Again, I am not saying it definitely could. I don't know how to develop for the Switch (although I am a developer myself). I cannot take Capcom seriously though when they say that it cannot be done.

Oh I agree on that point.
I wouldn't take their word at face value in this regard.

You mean the same people who said this gem: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-06-capcom-defends-explains-street-fighter-x-tekken-on-disc-dlc

Making a Switch specific Monster Hunter will be the best decision.

It is pretty much obvious.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
Nautilus said:
As I said before, its not the ideal solution.Going multiplatform with MH would be the best, since it would mean less resources used overall and everyone would enjoy the same game.But this is better than nothing.

But I seriously hope that they do take MH on Switch seriously just as they did with World.

The problem with thatis the weakest system would hold the game or sequels back and as they've said MHW can't be ported down it would impact game design, AI etc  effecting overall gameplay. MHW gamers would be loosing in this respect and would be unfair on gamers from both platforms to take away systems already implemented, especially the hundreds of thousands that bought a ps4 specifically or MHW. A bit of a slap in the face, it'd be.

The best solution would be to have two seperate series and Nintendo only gamers will get a port of MHW next gen I'm sure. 

The problem I have with this reasoning is that they probably could have ported MHW to the Switch if they really wanted.Yes yes, Im not a developer and yes, Im not that tech savvy, but Wolfenstein II just came out for the Switch, and it looks excellent for a machine that is underpowered.I mean, it looks almost as good as the other versions, even with its obvious shortcommings.

So while MHW is a different kind of game(more open design vs linear design) they really could have made an effort and do a great port that, while not running or looking as good as the other versions, would be more than playable.And it would run even better if the next game is made with the Switch in mind, in addition to the other versions.

I just think that, barring the engine being horribly uncompatible with the NVidia architecture, Switch is powerful enough for all this talk about "The Switch would hold back the game" to be a moot point.Barring games like Red Dead 2 which push graphics and everything to the absolute maximum, I dont think that argument has a place here at all.But hey, thats just my opinion.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1