By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision strikes again: locking BO4 DLC behind season pass and BO3 DLC behind BO4 digital pre-orders FOR PS4 ONLY!

This is why I hate Call of Duty. Among other reasons.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
Skeeuk said:
Historicaly I always buy the first map pack and nothing else. Does this actually mean you have to buy full season pass

Simply put, yes, it's all or nothing this year.

That's why everyone's so up-in-arms about it. Even worse, they have the audacity to lock the season pass behind the Special Edition instead of selling it separately. And because not everyone checks the gaming news sites, people who were gonna buy the MP maps are gonna buy the standard edition not knowing they'll be locked out of the MP maps. 

Except they will sell it separately at a later date.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Special-Editions-and-Black-Ops-Pass-for-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4/

I had to read the news twice to make sure it wasn't as bad as it initially sounded. Jokes' on me. It is.

This will be the third year in a row that Activision fucks up with it's cash cow, and I'm thinking the damage will be permanent. Black Ops has always been the overall series favorite for the community, and I've never seen this much animosity towards one of Treyarch's games before it's even out. Every single reveal and announcement video for BO3.5 has been met with fan rage. When your hype videos are pissing off consumers, ya done fucked up!

Shame too since it's looking like MW4 is next, but if they're gonna keep using these scummy tactics, maybe it's for the better fans pass on BO3.5 before the real disappointment turns up next year.

Last edited by StriderKiwi - on 16 June 2018

KManX89 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Activision doing a great job trying to kill CoD, i won't be buying this scam of a game.

Me, neither. The game was already dead to me before this (it's literally just a reskinned BO3 without jetpacks and wall-running), but now? 

Lol no it isnt. Art style is the same but game mechanics are way different.  Also it's gonna have a BR mode, and 3 zombie maps at launch.

John2290 said:
BraLoD said:
They will sell everything separatedly after a short while, they want the most money they can get.
Also who cares, it's CoD.

And possibly going for the backtracking redemption points by making things more terrible than they already are then walking it back with a halo on thier heads and a middle finger behind their backs.

Asshats.

Yup, throw shit in the fan they clean it up a little and say "look how it's better now" even as there was no shit there before.

Around the Network

What is BO?

Pagan said:

What is BO?

Body Odor Black Ops.

KLAMarine said:
Can't wait to not spend my money on this.

Hahaha, my thought exactly!

Why do people keep buying CoD games? They stopped being good about a decade ago and Activision are using business practices that make EA look like decent chaps.

jason1637 said:
KManX89 said:

Me, neither. The game was already dead to me before this (it's literally just a reskinned BO3 without jetpacks and wall-running), but now? 

Lol no it isnt. Art style is the same but game mechanics are way different.  Also it's gonna have a BR mode, and 3 zombie maps at launch.

LOL, yes it is. Watch any gameplay footage of BO4, it plays EXACTLY the same as BO3, just without the jetpacks and wall-running and with the perhaps equally-annoying grappling hook added.

It's basically BO3.5. 

KManX89 said:
jason1637 said:

LOL, yes it is. Watch any gameplay footage of BO4, it plays EXACTLY the same as BO3, just without the jetpacks and wall-running and with the perhaps equally-annoying grappling hook added.

It's basically BO3.5. 

Seems more like BO 2.5. That is why i preordered. Could be wrong when it comes out.