By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision strikes again: locking BO4 DLC behind season pass and BO3 DLC behind BO4 digital pre-orders FOR PS4 ONLY!

Mar1217 said:
I hope Fornite success keeps on long enough so that it can fuck with BO 3.5 sales until the dawn of days !

Me, too.

VAMatt said:
There is absolutely zero chance that the only way to get maps is to preorder digital. That just doesn't make sense. They would be shutting 90% of the possible buyers out of the market.

Oh, it's true, it's DAMN true: 

Fuck Activision, I hope it hurts their sales even more.

And the sad part is lots of people will still buy this shit and their anti-consumerism will continue: 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 16 June 2018

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Pemalite said:
Even more reasons not to buy this.

It's funny to me, because Acti spent marketing money on advertising the PC version, claiming how they won't screw up the port, and then we get this news.

Great way to piss away that trust so soon.

Exactly.
Although to be fair... I won't even pick it up if I find it in the bargain bins for a couple dollars a few years down the line. Because what's the point?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

They're just trying to maximize their profit with artificial scarcity. After a bit, they'll release the dlc separately for the ones who didn't preorder or get season passes. If you like the game, you can enjoy it without giving them what they want. If all of this rubs ya the wrong way, just don't buy it.

Aeolus451 said:
They're just trying to maximize their profit with artificial scarcity. After a bit, they'll release the dlc separately for the ones who didn't preorder or get season passes. If you like the game, you can enjoy it without giving them what they want. If all of this rubs ya the wrong way, just don't buy it.

Oh gee, where have I heard THAT before? Oh yes, when we desperately tried to warn you whales/corporate shills about the slippery slope with the paid horse armor DLC in Oblivion, yet here we are. 

And they already said they won't sell the DLC separately and even if they do, it won't be until long after the DLC maps are out. So AT BEST, you'll have to wait to play the DLC maps if you didn't pay $100 up front for the deluxe edition or buy the standard game + season pass. This is Activision we're talking about, the same scumbags who charged for 9-year-old remastered maps with a price hike to boot. If you seriously think they'll budge on their asshattery, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.

Pemalite said:

Exactly.
Although to be fair... I won't even pick it up if I find it in the bargain bins for a couple dollars a few years down the line. Because what's the point?

There is none, not for us anyway.

I've heard so many "built from the ground up" excuses over the years that it's become irksome to hear that being uttered in the same sentence as "port". We know 90% of the time it's a straight up console port. The only things that truly set it apart are the inclusion of other options, but hose are basically baseline to PC gaming and have been for years, so not including them is completely asinine, but including them also doesn't mean "built from the ground up" either.

It doesn't help that this is going to be an always online based game, more so by the fact that it's using B.net, a client that only oeprates with an itnernet connection. At elast with Steam you ahd an offline mode, but you do not with B.net, as all of their games oeprate with an online network requirement.

I don't see the worth of paying £50 for the baseline game, let alone it being an always online console port, with a highly likely smaller player base now that it's locked to just B.net. Activision is just pulling a Ubisoft at this point, another self fulfilling prophecy. 

Also like EA:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Oh gee, where have I heard THAT before? Oh yes, when we desperately tried to warn you whales/corporate shills about the slippery slope with the paid horse armor DLC in Oblivion, yet here we are. 

And they already said they won't sell the DLC separately and even if they do, it won't be until long after the DLC maps are out. So AT BEST, you'll have to wait to play the DLC maps if you didn't pay $100 up front for the deluxe edition or buy the standard game + season pass. This is Activision we're talking about, the same scumbags who charged for 9-year-old remastered maps with a price hike to boot. If you seriously think they'll budge on their asshattery, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.

I'm not defending them. Just explaining the reality of the situation. *shrugs

Here's some more reality for ya. People will buy the shit anyway.

I guess 2018 is going to be Battlefield's year. Single player campaign, battle royale, free DLCs, no season pass, WWII and visually is more impressive.

KManX89 said:

VAMatt said:
There is absolutely zero chance that the only way to get maps is to preorder digital. That just doesn't make sense. They would be shutting 90% of the possible buyers out of the market.

Oh, it's true, it's DAMN true: 

The video simply does not say what you think it says.  It says "get immediate access to (maps and stuff), only be preordering......"  The key word there is immediate.  That tells us that they will sell the maps separately, after some period of time.  They're using a basic marketing tactic to push digital preorders.  That's just smart business.  But, selling the maps to everyone else is also smart business.  So, we know with near 100% certainty that they will do so.  

With all of that said, I agree with your underlying point - that Activision and Sony love the scummy exclusivity deals.  As a Destiny player on Xbone, I feel this one directly.  I actually thought about playing D2 on PS4, even though I strongly prefer the XB controller for shooters, just to avoid being victimized.  Then I realized that by capitulating, I'd just be making myself a victim in a different way, and failing to teach Sony and Activision anything.  So, I stuck with Xbone.  

At the risk of repeating myself, Activision is part of the 4 Ancient Evil Ones (Activision, EA, Ubisoft and Konami).

So how is this surprising to anyone?

Of course they do that, it's Activision so yeah. People should stay away from anything they own and try to sell but people are like moths attracted to the killing light that the 4 Ancient Evil Ones wield in order to secure their evil powers.

So if you want to really surprise me, like falling off my seat surprise, let me know when Activision (or anyone of the 3 other evil ones) saves the world or something.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

At the risk of repeating myself, Activision is part of the 4 Ancient Evil Ones (Activision, EA, Ubisoft and Konami).

So how is this surprising to anyone?

Of course they do that, it's Activision so yeah. People should stay away from anything they own and try to sell but people are like moths attracted to the killing light that the 4 Ancient Evil Ones wield in order to secure their evil powers.

So if you want to really surprise me, like falling off my seat surprise, let me know when Activision (or anyone of the 3 other evil ones) saves the world or something.

Oh, as scummy as their business practices are, I never in a million years thought I'd see them lock certain players out of multiplayer maps and behind digital pre-orders. Even their scummy MWR DLC at least has a level of player choice involved. Slimy, money-sucking player choice, charging for shit that should be free (because it's a 9-year-old fucking game), but still player choice, but this? Holy fuck, this is taking scumbaggery to a whole new level.

Expect the Battle Royale mode to be chalk full of P2W microtransactions and paid loot boxes as well. If they're pulling this shit in trying to convince people to buy their game, just imagine what they'll do once they've already got your money.

Activision can go fuck themselves.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 16 June 2018