By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF analysis: Fortnite on Switch

John2290 said:
Not into or will be getting into fortnite but this sounds pretty horrible for the switch port. I hope they can improve that. Sounds like the Iphone X is doing a better job.

Comparing a £1000 device to a £300 device with older hardware doesn't really seem fair...

Around the Network

An absolute tragedy of a game. And to think people were moaning that they can't transfer progress to switch

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Rab said:
That actually looks pretty good, wasn't the PS4 at 30fps

60fps on ps4/xb1.

John2290 said:
Not into or will be getting into fortnite but this sounds pretty horrible for the switch port. I hope they can improve that. Sounds like the Iphone X is doing a better job.

iphone x has way more downgrades graphically. I think switch version is better overall.

Any idea when there should be some patches? The game's fun, but I swear I keep shooting people without damaging them and it's annoying to die from that.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Rab said:
That actually looks pretty good, wasn't the PS4 at 30fps

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtepPbQEIM8

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

Comparing a £1000 device to a £300 device with older hardware doesn't really seem fair...

Comparing a phone that is designed to do a dozen other marketable things to a dedicated gaming device seems pretty fair to me. What isn't fair is comparing the prices of the two devices as you don't need a camera, cellular phone, media device etc for fortnite. Gaming is the most niche reason anyone would buy an Iphone X, gaming is the one reason people would buy a switch. They should be aiming for better here and I'm sure they could as from the looks of it this is a compromised and uneven experience between players when one gamer could have an advantage at 720p 30fps and another could be on a bus at 360p 20fps even though the latter ia the more skilled and well equipped player.

...and gamers want cross play with stuff like this. What a pile of nonsense perhaps more so than advocating for cross play between K&M players with Ds4 players.

Epic need to do better here.

There are extra components required for an iPhone over a switch, however the reverse is also true - the switch budget has to stretch to 2 x joycons, and a dock, not to mention a significantly bigger battery (4310mAh vs 2716mAh). Even if the iPhone's extra costs outweigh Switch's, a £700 price gap is a hell of a lot of a contingency fund! Also bare in mind that Apple will be able to source their parts a lot cheaper than Nintendo due to their huge volume. I'm sure though, that Apple % margin per iPhone would be significantly bigger than Nintendo's for Switch so we also have to take that into account (i.e. how much of the £1000/£300 is actually spent on the hardware).

I did try to do a bit of digging on iPhone X vs Switch CPU & GPU, though couldn't find much. Maybe one of the more technically minded posters can help?

I do know though that Apple is always pushing the envelope with their CPU/GPU solutions so would be pretty shocked if the Switch has more muscle tbh... I could be wrong though...

Skeeuk said:
An absolute tragedy of a game. And to think people were moaning that they can't transfer progress to switch

I don't see how your 1st point relates to your 2nd...?

curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:
Aaaaaaaaaaand then casually some one asking for gyro compatibility on Switch for this games, ROFL.

People are allowed to prefer gyro aiming. 

Frankly, I wouldn't touch Fortnite with a ten foot pole, but if I'm going to play a shooter on Switch, I'd always rather play with gyro than without.

Especially if it is an option - people who dislike Gyro Aiming can disable it. But I agree, pinning down the last distance for a moving target is much easier with gyro aiming.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

meh, I have Fortnite downloaded on my ps4 switch and the kids Xbox. yet they for whatever reason rather play it on the switch and have never complained about the graphics

John2290 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

Comparing a phone that is designed to do a dozen other marketable things to a dedicated gaming device seems pretty fair to me. What isn't fair is comparing the prices of the two devices as you don't need a camera, cellular phone, media device etc for fortnite. Gaming is the most niche reason anyone would buy an Iphone X, gaming is the one reason people would buy a switch. They should be aiming for better here and I'm sure they could as from the looks of it this is a compromised and uneven experience between players when one gamer could have an advantage at 720p 30fps and another could be on a bus at 360p 20fps even though the latter ia the more skilled and well equipped player.

...and gamers want cross play with stuff like this. What a pile of nonsense perhaps more so than advocating for cross play between K&M players with Ds4 players.

Epic need to do better here.

Oh, so we should compare a PC to the Switch too, cause a PC is not a dedicated gaming device. It can do a billion things.