By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF analysis: Fortnite on Switch

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Instead of asking 10 Times Google it yourself or its too hard for you?

LOL i would google it for him, but it's really a pointless discussion. I guess his point is there are games that run bad on ps4, but thats not what DF articles are about its'a about comparing different versions, and seeing which is the best for those who have different consoles and want the best version, or even those who don't want the best version, they can see if the downgrades are acceptable tot them.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Aaaaaaaaaaand then casually some one asking for gyro compatibility on Switch for this games, ROFL.

People are allowed to prefer gyro aiming. 

Frankly, I wouldn't touch Fortnite with a ten foot pole, but if I'm going to play a shooter on Switch, I'd always rather play with gyro than without.

curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:
Aaaaaaaaaaand then casually some one asking for gyro compatibility on Switch for this games, ROFL.

Frankly, I wouldn't touch Fortnite with a ten foot pole, but if I'm going to play a shooter on Switch, I'd always rather play with gyro than without.

This.

I tried FN on Switch and it felt clunky, slow and blurry as hell. Then I found out Nintendo had a sale and I nabbed Splatoon 2. Splatoon 2 plays more fluidly, has cleaner visuals and the gyro aiming feels superior to the analogue sticks. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
curl-6 said:

This.

I tried FN on Switch and it felt clunky, slow and blurry as hell. Then I found out Nintendo had a sale and I nabbed Splatoon 2. Splatoon 2 plays more fluidly, has cleaner visuals and the gyro aiming feels superior to the analogue sticks. 

In all honesty fortnite is slow on all platforms and I've played both the switch and PS4 version. That's simply the kind of gunplay it's going for. Even when compared to doom on the switch which is a more inconsistent 30fps doom still manages to feel faster and more fluid

Edit. Misunderstood the OP's question.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
numberwang said:

The game runs terrible on PC, looks like last(-last) gen but requires modern hardware.

Edit: Actually, watch the video. That's a good example of what I am talking about.

I think people have some sort of nostalgia goggles about how good last gen graphics were. Last gen games often looked flat, bland, pixelated or muddy by today's standards. Especially in an open world game.

Fortnite actually runs well on modest specs, maybe you're confused with PUBG.

The Switch is acceptable for the specs, especially if you actually plan on playing portably. But I would rather play at ~60 fps on other platforms.

I don't remember Halo 4 looking nearly as bad as you just described. 

quickrick said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

LOL i would google it for him, but it's really a pointless discussion. I guess his point is there are games that run bad on ps4, but thats not what DF articles are about its'a about comparing different versions, and seeing which is the best for those who have different consoles and want the best version, or even those who don't want the best version, they can see if the downgrades are acceptable tot them.

Good, all the downgrades on ps4 that compared to Xbox 1 X/PC are acceptable for you, a true Sony fan

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Yeah, i'm just a low key guy compared to him so i need his advice 

That actually looks pretty good, wasn't the PS4 at 30fps

JRPGfan said:

Dynamic 729p-900p
Insanely short draw distance for objects/grass
20-30 fps.
Textures are heavily cut back (he says Soup like)
Shadow quality is cut back.
Certain effects are missing.

Jezz.... I know this is a "good" port, but it really just shows how weak the Switch is compaired to the others.

You say this as if people aren't aware that the Switch is a fraction of the power of PS4 & XB1 & an even tinier fraction of the XB1X. I mean look at the hardware being compared here... I'd say considering the massive gulf in specs the Switch port seems pretty impressive.

The only one surprised here is yourself.

And PS4/XB1/XB1X get 0 fps on a train... so there's that...