By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF analysis: Fortnite on Switch

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

People are allowed to prefer gyro aiming. 

Frankly, I wouldn't touch Fortnite with a ten foot pole, but if I'm going to play a shooter on Switch, I'd always rather play with gyro than without.

Especially if it is an option - people who dislike Gyro Aiming can disable it. But I agree, pinning down the last distance for a moving target is much easier with gyro aiming.

That's been the great thing about the Switch so far; in nearly every instance motion controls are optional, so both fans and detractors can have it their way.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

Comparing a £1000 device to a £300 device with older hardware doesn't really seem fair...

Comparing a phone that is designed to do a dozen other marketable things to a dedicated gaming device seems pretty fair to me. What isn't fair is comparing the prices of the two devices as you don't need a camera, cellular phone, media device etc for fortnite. Gaming is the most niche reason anyone would buy an Iphone X, gaming is the one reason people would buy a switch. They should be aiming for better here and I'm sure they could as from the looks of it this is a compromised and uneven experience between players when one gamer could have an advantage at 720p 30fps and another could be on a bus at 360p 20fps even though the latter ia the more skilled and well equipped player.

...and gamers want cross play with stuff like this. What a pile of nonsense perhaps more so than advocating for cross play between K&M players with Ds4 players.

Epic need to do better here.

Yeah, let compare PC to Switch as well because it is not a dedicated gaming system and can do many things at the same time LOL

quickrick said:
Rab said:
That actually looks pretty good, wasn't the PS4 at 30fps

60fps on ps4/xb1.

Not at release on those platforms

Rab said:
quickrick said:

60fps on ps4/xb1.

Its pretty obvious that those platforms can do fortnite at 60fps with little to no effort it was rock solid 30fps and we know those platforms are way more capable, switch on the other hand can't even hold a solid 30fps, and switch hitting 60fps from third party's is very rare.

Last edited by quickrick - on 19 June 2018

So the Vita stll has the best handheld experience via Remote Play with PS4 Pro. Super Sampled ~1080p/60 at 540p. Such a shame people did not appreciate the Vita. Still he best hadheld ever made.

I bought WWE 2K18 and DOOM for Switch and have been disappointed with both. Same situation where I can get a better experience wth Remote Play on Vita and PlayStation TV. Both games feel like slow motion on the Switch.

Nintendo should have went with the X2. The X1 is just too underpowered to deliver current 3rd party games at a decent framerate. Nintendos own stuff is nearly flawless, but 3rd parties are building to a much higher mark.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
So the Vita stll has the best handheld experience via Remote Play with PS4 Pro. Super Sampled ~1080p/60 at 540p. Such a shame people did not appreciate the Vita. Still he best hadheld ever made.

I bought WWE 2K18 and DOOM for Switch and have been disappointed with both. Same situation where I can get a better experience wth Remote Play on Vita and PlayStation TV. Both games feel like slow motion on the Switch.

Nintendo should have went with the X2. The X1 is just too underpowered to deliver current 3rd party games at a decent framerate. Nintendos own stuff is nearly flawless, but 3rd parties are building to a much higher mark.

They could have gone with Xavier, Nvidia's third chip, though that would have meant a 2019 release for the Switch. I think they might go with it with the next Nintendo console. If They go with a slightly more refined Switch, then chances are that it'll either go with a modified Tegra X2 or another modified X1.

SO far though, Xavier is Nvidia's latest, being used with some cars (a modified version).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JRPGfan said:
Rab said:

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtepPbQEIM8

quickrick said: 
Rab said: 

60fps on ps4/xb1.

quickrick said: 
Rab said: 

Its pretty obvious that those platforms can do fortnite at 60fps with little to no effort it was rock solid 30fps and we know those platforms are way more capable, switch on the other hand can't even hold a solid 30fps, and switch hitting 60fps from third party's is very rare.

First Fortnite was 30 FPS on PS4 also, and later through updates that improved frame rate and visuals, so saying that Switch can hold solid 30 fps is same like you said that PS4 could not handled 60fps when game was runing at 30 FPS on PS4.

I am not saying that Switch version will also will be 60 fps later with updates, but we can definitely expect improvements in frame rate, resolution and visuals through updates, same like they did with PS4/XB1.

Talking about frame rate for Switch 3rd party games, depending from game, Fifa, Rocket League, Dragon Ball Fighter Z...are all 60 FPS games.

Chazore said:
KBG29 said:

They could have gone with Xavier, Nvidia's third chip, though that would have meant a 2019 release for the Switch. I think they might go with it with the next Nintendo console. If They go with a slightly more refined Switch, then chances are that it'll either go with a modified Tegra X2 or another modified X1.

SO far though, Xavier is Nvidia's latest, being used with some cars (a modified version).

I think at this point, it just comes down to being satisfied with Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games. It just looks like they are constantly going to be too far behind the curve to deliver, at least the expereince I am looking for from 3rd party games. 

By the time they do a revision, it is going to have to play PS5/XB4 ports, and honestly I think Sony and Microsoft are in a better position to deliver portables based on Ryzen Mobile and Navi/Next Gen, than Nintendo will be able to do with Nvidia. Like you said, Xavier is aimed at the Auto industry, and it is a massive chip. No doubt they can make a modified version for the chip with advancements they have learned from Xavier proper, but it is a lot less clear path to next gen portables than AMD's. 

At any rate, Fortnite is just another example of why I will be staying away from 3rd parties on Switch and sticking to Remote Play on Vita. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Miyamotoo said:
JRPGfan said:

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtepPbQEIM8

quickrick said: 

60fps on ps4/xb1.

quickrick said: 

First Fortnite was 30 FPS on PS4 also, and later through updates that improved frame rate and visuals, so saying that Switch can hold solid 30 fps is same like you said that PS4 could not handled 60fps when game was runing at 30 FPS on PS4.

I am not saying that Switch version will also will be 60 fps later with updates, but we can definitely expect improvements in frame rate, resolution and visuals through updates, same like they did with PS4/XB1.

Talking about frame rate for Switch 3rd party games, depending from game, Fifa, Rocket League, Dragon Ball Fighter Z...are all 60 FPS games.

I could see a solid 30fps, but no way they will get it to 60fps.

KBG29 said:

x2 would have too expensive, switch now is 300$ with a old x1 which was struggling to sell, imagine if they went with x2 it would have been 400$-500$.