By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF analysis: Fortnite on Switch

Conina said:
Yomieeee said:
I'm loving this game on Switch. I don't do too well on PC because I'd rather play with a controller than with keyboard+mouse so Switch makes it a lot easier to go against someone. I'm sure they can improve the framerate in a future update.

The PC version also supports controllers... as almost any other PC game of this decade.

Clearly. I play all of my PC games with a controller. What I mean is going against someone with a mouse+keyboard using a controller is hard, especially in a shooting game.

Around the Network
numberwang said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Fortnite runs terrible on PC ... ? 

Do you have a single core CPU? xD 

I have gaming PC but I did try an older laptop with a core-i5 (3.3 Ghz 2/4) and an Intel HD 4000 with 16 GB. This laptop can run Skyrim at 900p, most source games like Portal II at 1080p and even MGS V 720p above 30fps. Fortnite has to go to 360p to get a somewhat stable frame rate over 30 fps.

That's due to the HD 4000, which is a load of crap.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
numberwang said:

I have gaming PC but I did try an older laptop with a core-i5 (3.3 Ghz 2/4) and an Intel HD 4000 with 16 GB. This laptop can run Skyrim at 900p, most source games like Portal II at 1080p and even MGS V 720p above 30fps. Fortnite has to go to 360p to get a somewhat stable frame rate over 30 fps.

That's due to the HD 4000, which is a load of crap.

It can run much better looking games at higher res. There is a bug in the engine or how the game was compiled, maybe they'll fix it in the final release.

Yomieeee said:
Conina said:

The PC version also supports controllers... as almost any other PC game of this decade.

Clearly. I play all of my PC games with a controller. What I mean is going against someone with a mouse+keyboard using a controller is hard, especially in a shooting game.

If you hold this comment up to your ear you can hear the sound of PC gamers crying.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

So a workable conversion then; it won't be joining the likes of Outlast II, Skyrim, or Yooka Laylee on the shortlist of best Switch ports, but it's not terrible either.

Kinda stupid putting it head-to-head with Xbox One X though, a comparison to the tablet versions and the base PS4/Xbone versions would have been more appropriate.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 June 2018

Around the Network

I thought the game looked and ran amazing but now that DF told me otherwise I think the game sucks. Already sold my Switch because of it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not best Switch port but definitely good enough port,
I hope and they probably will keep improving technical side of Switch version of game after launch like they done with other versions of game.

vivster said:
I thought the game looked and ran amazing but now that DF told me otherwise I think the game sucks. Already sold my Switch because of it.

I guess you can just count yourself lucky the buyer hadn't seen this DF video!!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

quickrick said:

30fps ceiling. Drops to the 20's depending on location and number of players.

All the major geometry is there. Feels like the entire package. Looks surprisingly good despite the drawbacks.

Docked mode: 900p with dynamic resolution (goes as low as 729p).

Portable: 720p with dynamic resolution (goes as low as 360p (rare)).

Draw distance is cut with lots of grass pop-in.

Poor texture filtering makes it look blurry.

Some noticeable network lag over wifi.

I forget how to find DF analysis Just Cause 3 on ps4 video, can you please upload the video and summary of it?

Ganoncrotch said:
vivster said:

I guess you can just count yourself lucky the buyer hadn't seen this DF video!!

Yeah, what a sucker.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.