By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF analysis: Fortnite on Switch

irstupid said:
Ah good old DF.
People enjoy a game until DF tells them the framerate or resolution is some number and then magically the game now sucks.

If people are enjoying the game on switch and it's there first time playing it, they are doing them a favor, because they are telling them what they are missing out, if they own a pc or ps4/xbox going from solid 60fps  to 30/20fps is massive difference in competitive multiplayer game. 

Around the Network

I'm loving this game on Switch. I don't do too well on PC because I'd rather play with a controller than with keyboard+mouse so Switch makes it a lot easier to go against someone. I'm sure they can improve the framerate in a future update.

Why are they comparing the Switch version with the XBone X version? It would make a lot more sense to compare it to the XBone S or normal PS4 version.

numberwang said:

The game runs terrible on PC, looks like last(-last) gen but requires modern hardware.

Edit: I have gaming PC but I did try an older laptop with a core-i5 (3.3 Ghz 2/4) and an Intel HD 4000 with 16 GB. This laptop can run Skyrim at 900p, most source games like Portal II at 1080p and even MGS V 720p above 30fps. Fortnite has to go to 360p to get a somewhat stable frame rate over 30 fps.

the game runs fine on PC. not the best but fine

irstupid said:
Ah good old DF.
People enjoy a game until DF tells them the framerate or resolution is some number and then magically the game now sucks.

https://youtu.be/-cUNiII0NEg

So much this lol.  I died at 3:30.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
numberwang said:

The game runs terrible on PC, looks like last(-last) gen but requires modern hardware.

Edit: I have gaming PC but I did try an older laptop with a core-i5 (3.3 Ghz 2/4) and an Intel HD 4000 with 16 GB. This laptop can run Skyrim at 900p, most source games like Portal II at 1080p and even MGS V 720p above 30fps. Fortnite has to go to 360p to get a somewhat stable frame rate over 30 fps.

You need to upgrade from that Intel Decelerator graphics.
I have no issues with the game even on my 8+ year old Core 2 rig.

Portal and Skyrim can run on a Toaster, they aren't pushing the more modern rendering techniques that will swamp your Intel Decelerator Graphics like Fortnite is.
...In short the issue is the system you are running it on, not the game. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Yomieeee said:
I'm loving this game on Switch. I don't do too well on PC because I'd rather play with a controller than with keyboard+mouse so Switch makes it a lot easier to go against someone. I'm sure they can improve the framerate in a future update.

The PC version also supports controllers... as almost any other PC game of this decade.

Ganoncrotch said:
Lets compare the Switch to the Xbox one

30FPS720p- vs 900p-60FPS.

Pemalite said:
numberwang said:

Portal and Skyrim can run on a Toaster, they aren't pushing the more modern rendering techniques that will swamp your Intel Decelerator Graphics like Fortnite is.

The HD 4000 is the official min. requirement for that game, but that seems to mean 360p at 30fps. There is something bottlenecking the engine that shouldn't be there looking at the limited visuals in comparison to some PS360 games.

numberwang said:
Pemalite said:

The HD 4000 is the official min. requirement for that game, but that seems to mean 360p at 30fps. There is something bottlenecking the engine that shouldn't be there looking at the limited visuals in comparison to some PS360 games.

Never play with the "official" minimum requirements. - You will never have a good time.
I can assure you... The Intel Decelerator graphics is indeed holding you back.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--