By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Warframe announced for Switch, being ported by Panic Button

curl-6 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Why? Aside from portability, it's going to be the weakest version out of them all tech-wise.

For me personally, motion controls make the Switch versions of Doom and Wolfenstein the preferable ones for me. I'll take gyro over better graphics any day of the week.

Wow. I avoid motion controls like its ebola lol. I gotta have 1:1 or I just rage constantly. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Why? Aside from portability, it's going to be the weakest version out of them all tech-wise.

Personally, i mainyl play on my Switch now, much more rarely on my PC. the reason is not really portability, not in the sense that i go outside to play, but i also have a wife, 2kids and a house to take care of. honestly, it's pretty rare that i can play for 2-3 hours in a row. first, it's pretty tough to have the control of the tv. then even if my kids are playing or watching a movie they are still very young (4 and 5) so i must stay in the general area, so cannot go in my computer room to play. finally, i'm often required by my kids or my wife to do something. (dad i want more juice, dad can you pick up that game on the highest shelve, etc). so i'm alway interrupted when i play.

now, on a PS4, beside the fact that i need to tv to play, each time you start the console, you boot the OS, start the game load your game... Now with a switch, let's say my kids are playing with dolls, i start to play on my tv, my wife want to check something, i pick the switch and undocked it, my kids want to go out to do a bike ride, i stop the switch, go out do the bike ride, and go in again, i boot the switch, and my game is still running at the same exact spot i left it. i can play a bit more on the tv, my kids want to watch a movie, i undock the switch again. 15 minutes later, i need to go in the kitchen to cook the supper, so i stop the switch again. then while i wait for the meal in the oven to be done, i can pickup my game again, and again my game is exactly where i left it, nothing to boot, nothing to load...

So now i dont care to go with the weakest version, because i have much more time to play because the design of the switch 

AlfredoTurkey said:
curl-6 said:

For me personally, motion controls make the Switch versions of Doom and Wolfenstein the preferable ones for me. I'll take gyro over better graphics any day of the week.

Wow. I avoid motion controls like its ebola lol. I gotta have 1:1 or I just rage constantly. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

I for one am really glad that motion controls live on through the Switch, I really felt the elevated the experience of games like Doom and Splatoon 2.

I'll hope for KH3, but it could be anything. I think the rule of 'Nintendo will always surprise' is still in effect.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
I'll hope for KH3, but it could be anything. I think the rule of 'Nintendo will always surprise' is still in effect.

They have to finish that game first, and who knows, SE might decide to delay it again. My bet is something Fallout, either 3, New Vegas or 4.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

My money is on GTA5

Wolfenstein 2?

Also it is entirely possible that the announcement will be akin to the Doom /Wolf 2 announcement, with KH2 as the Wolfie 2 to, say, FF 15 or something.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

AlfredoTurkey said:
GoOnKid said:

The fact that I can play Doom or Skyrim comfortably at home on my couch and my gf can use the TV at the same time is a much bigger advantage than technical differences. Portability is not limited to outside of your house, but it rather opens up the gaming possibilties inside the house.

I appreciated that with Wii U as well. For me though, I never have issue with Switch at home because I never have to compete with the TV. You guys should get more than one and plug the Switch up to the one won't be used for anything else up gaming. That way, you won't have to deal with it anymore.

Lol i watch sport on TV and play on the switch when I can be bothered. Multi tasking only way to cover both in the same timeline lol.

There's quite a few Square Enix games I wouldn't mind: Deus Ex, Hitman, NieR:Automata, Kingdom Hearts and FFXV.
FFXV is getting an extended/alternate ending DLC, so they might look to release it the same time with all the content.

Nier Automata.