By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Warframe announced for Switch, being ported by Panic Button

JEMC said:

After reading the comments I have to make an honest question: Why are some of you naming newly announced games like Fallout 76, the new Quake and Wolfenstein or even REmake2? Those games wouldn't be in development alongside the other versions of those games, so it wouldn't be a port but a version of it. I mean, I don't see anyone saying that the PS4 versions of those games are ports, right?

Because of that, I think that this game is a port of an already released game. Which one? I have no idea.

I think that a version of a game made by another studio would be view as a port even if it's released at the same date. so let's say that... whatever, ubisoft is doing a game for ps4/xbox/pc, and that panic button do the same game but switch edition, even if released the same date, would be a port...

that in mind, why next month ? either i was right when i said that nintendo want a game to launch around the same time of the switch online service to boost membership, or it is by someone not present at E3.

for multiplayer games, i'm betting on soulcaliber VI. make sense for the dates, i've heard rumours before too.

maybe burnout paradise. the games was originally running on PS3 and X360, should work on switch, and i can easily see EA giving that to someone else, beside switch is really lacking a serious racing game. unless they go with fallout76, but i think it will be something not related to bethesda. 

there could be also diablo 3,  it have been rumoured for a while and blizzard were not at E3 i think ?

Around the Network
Marach said:
JEMC said:

After reading the comments I have to make an honest question: Why are some of you naming newly announced games like Fallout 76, the new Quake and Wolfenstein or even REmake2? Those games wouldn't be in development alongside the other versions of those games, so it wouldn't be a port but a version of it. I mean, I don't see anyone saying that the PS4 versions of those games are ports, right?

Because of that, I think that this game is a port of an already released game. Which one? I have no idea.

I think that a version of a game made by another studio would be view as a port even if it's released at the same date. so let's say that... whatever, ubisoft is doing a game for ps4/xbox/pc, and that panic button do the same game but switch edition, even if released the same date, would be a port...

that in mind, why next month ? either i was right when i said that nintendo want a game to launch around the same time of the switch online service to boost membership, or it is by someone not present at E3.

for multiplayer games, i'm betting on soulcaliber VI. make sense for the dates, i've heard rumours before too.

maybe burnout paradise. the games was originally running on PS3 and X360, should work on switch, and i can easily see EA giving that to someone else, beside switch is really lacking a serious racing game. unless they go with fallout76, but i think it will be something not related to bethesda. 

there could be also diablo 3,  it have been rumoured for a while and blizzard were not at E3 i think ?

Well, the thing with ports is that most of us associate it with picking a game that's already released on a platform and bringing it to another platform. Meanwhile, when talking about a game that's still in development for all platforms, we tend to us the term version, as everything is still work in progress and things can change across all platforms.

I agree that it's about semantics, but there's a difference, and sometimes also pejorative sentiment when using the term port.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Sordel said:

I own PS4 and PC but there are some games that I'm only interested in playing on Switch and others that I'd rebuy to play on Switch.

Why? Aside from portability, it's going to be the weakest version out of them all tech-wise.

The fact that I can play Doom or Skyrim comfortably at home on my couch and my gf can use the TV at the same time is a much bigger advantage than technical differences. Portability is not limited to outside of your house, but it rather opens up the gaming possibilties inside the house.

With Animal crossing not releasing this year..... we still need a good simulation game! So please be SIMS 4 xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

GTA V would be ace. Perhaps one of the Tomb Raider reboots?

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
JEMC said:

I saw people claiming Zelda for Switch is a port.

Everything coming to Switch is a port. No multiplatform. But port.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

i’m guessing it’s fallout 3

GoOnKid said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Why? Aside from portability, it's going to be the weakest version out of them all tech-wise.

The fact that I can play Doom or Skyrim comfortably at home on my couch and my gf can use the TV at the same time is a much bigger advantage than technical differences. Portability is not limited to outside of your house, but it rather opens up the gaming possibilties inside the house.

I appreciated that with Wii U as well. For me though, I never have issue with Switch at home because I never have to compete with the TV. You guys should get more than one and plug the Switch up to the one won't be used for anything else up gaming. That way, you won't have to deal with it anymore.

AlfredoTurkey said:

For me personally, motion controls make the Switch versions of Doom and Wolfenstein the preferable ones for me. I'll take gyro over better graphics any day of the week.

My guess is nier automata.