By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... Will Nintendo be able to ship those 20 million Switch units?

Nothing is impossible. Nintendo seems really confident in their console.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
People shouldn't forget that we're talking about the 2018-2019 fiscal that ends at the end of March for Nintendo.

So it got plenty of times to do that :P Also, they're probably gonna push out FE Three Houses for the beginning of 2019 (Feb/Mar). That's 2 other decent games to look foward that can push sales.

No because their FE trailer said "Spring 2019". Spring begins March 21 so at the very earliest you'd only get 1-2 weeks of sales.

I think they will fall short, that E3 didnt inspire confidence.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

Why is 100 million so unattainable?

Last fiscal year was 15.05m hardware and 63.51m spftware for a tie ratio of ~4.2.

Last fiscal year had BOTW, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey

This fiscal year there's Smash & Pokemon

No, BOTW was fiscal year 2016, not 2017.

So just MK8, splatoon, and odyssey.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

Why is 100 million so unattainable?

Last fiscal year was 15.05m hardware and 63.51m spftware for a tie ratio of ~4.2.

Smash and Pokemon are bigger sellers than all those games with the exception MK.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Megiddo said:

No, BOTW was fiscal year 2016, not 2017.

So just MK8, splatoon, and odyssey.

~2 million were fiscal year 2016. ~5 million were fiscal year 2017. Thanks for the correction.

Is there something that Nintendo expects to have over 5 million software sales this fiscal year that isn't Smash or Pokemon?

Something big planned for 1st part of 2019 will help them attain the 20m imo.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Great first post/question!

I think they'll hit 20 million..but barely. Pokemon and Smash are big system sellers. Mario Party and Fortnite are titles that can move units too by word of mouth. Hell I know a few people who bought a Switch solely as a mobile version of Fortnite. I also think Nintendo will show some stuff we haven't seen yet that will be available within this fiscal year that will help sales.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Wyrdness said:
Megiddo said:

Smash and Pokemon are bigger sellers than all those games with the exception MK.

smash and 3d mario have always been very close in sales, and 3d mario has taken it to a new level, I don't see smash doing the same.

quickrick said:
Wyrdness said:

smash and 3d mario have always been very close in sales, and 3d mario has taken it to a new level, I don't see smash doing the same.

Smash has sold 10m plus consistently in its last two outings with each increasing in sales (Brawl sold 13m while Smash 4 sold 14.5m total), Ultimate will sell 15m LT easily and could go on to hit 20m on Switch only other title that consistently hits numbers like these is Pokemon and MK.