2 6 2.93%

1 18 8.78%

Total:205

E3 was a huge disappointment. Hopefully we get another direct soon

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
NintendoPie said:

Agreed on that point then. Anyone acting like this Direct somehow negatively impacts Nintendo's sales forecasts is taking it too far. 

It still sucked though.

No Fire Emblem n Yoshi this year and Smash releasing at the last moment certainly wont help sales. They'll still be good, but I'm not so sure about 20m good anymore.

That is for march. So another quarter entirely which we know nothing of. So 20mil still possible. Also I think metroid is 2020 since we have fire emblem, mainline Pokémon and the big mecha game next year already. Suffice it to say 2019 will be much better than 2018 for ninty

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Why should i be constructive with my criticism? Were the lsd guys from kyoto constructive while showing this nonsense of 30 mins "how we changed dks face" direct? I have paid 300 dollara and i dont have any clue wtf will come next year. Ff7 was announced 4 years ago. 4 years. And the hype is still high. Why attending at e3 anywhere if you will just show what games are comming in the next few weeks? E3 is not amazon. Its about showing your future games. LSD. Thats my only answer. Kyoto is on LSD!

C-. Not good at all. They spent 25 minutes on an enhanced port.

But on the other hand, I'd much rather this announcing games years ahead once again. So I respect that they really only showed games up to early 2019. From that perspective, it's more like B-. Their exclusive line up this year looks very decent. I'm still sore that the first half of the year was barren, and to me having Pokémon Let's Go and a Smash port being the big holiday titles is beyond depressing, but it is an impactful line up and I will bye buying both.
e3
So C-/B- depending on the perspective. A lot of respect to them for not blowing their load too early like they did last year, even if it makes their E3 worse.

1/10. Nintendo is back to having just 1 to 3 new, good, and interesting games a year, even with help from 3rd parties. 2018 is just as bad as some of the Wii U drought years. 2019 needs to blow us away with six must own titles to make up for it.

Around the Network

No mainline Pokemon, Metroid, Animal Crossing... no care. SSB is a port so, purchase for me. Totally disappointed by this years E3 altogether.

4/10

Slightly higher than I gave Sony (3/10) but way below what I gave MS (8/10).

Pros:
Some new game announcements.
Had a host to introduce segment move things along.
No fucking stupid intermission or music performances

Con:
Abrupt ending.
Smash is a glorified port and 75% of the Direct.
No details about online service
Few 3rd party surprises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

NintendoPie said:
zygote said:

They should have had a separate smash direct and left this one for the surprises/game announcements. They really took the worst approach with the information they had to work with.

That's assuming Nintendo actually had more info to give us. SSBU is the filler for their lack of new information. The Direct would've been 20 minutes without it. Even more sad.

Idk last years Direct was only 25 minutes and the majority of it was trailers for games already announced.

The only new announcements of last year were a port Rocket League, trailers for Kirby & Yoshi along with simply mentioning Pokemon & Metroid were in development.

This years new reveals were Daemon x Machina, Super Mario Party & Overcooked 2, ports of Fortnite, Fighter Z & Queen Killer along with first looks at Fire Emblem & Smash Bros.

Basically if Smash Bros had a ~5 minute trailer instead of 20+ minutes than i would say this year and last year were pretty similar.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

E3 is a weird dynamic at times.

We criticize companies showing CGI trailers of games being developed for the following year or two, but praise another doing the same thing?
Same with showing lineups. We praised Microsoft showing 2019 games while some criticize that their 2nd half of 2018 is somewhat questionable. We praise Nintendo for showing some games coming up soon in the year but criticize them for not teasing more of the following 1-2 years, when they said they were focusing on 2018 titles. We praise Sony for showing quality games we already know for 2 years, despite not knowing the release date of a few of these titles. It seems like there’s no balance when it comes to criticism at times. Which is it?

PS3 had a crappy E3 info blowout in 2006 but managed to do ok. Nintendo had a bad E3 2008 but the Wii/DS sold really well that year regardless. E3 isn’t the end all, be all, especially when Nintendo and Sony have future Directs and Conferences the rest of the year, respectively. I like watching every year but I’m not expecting the world.

6/10.  The only things that caught me by surprise in a negative way were the Yoshi/Fire Emblem delays.  Other than that, I wasn't expecting much since Nintendo EPD blew their wad last year, wasted most of their 2nd party efforts on the 3DS in 2017 and 3rd parties came too late to the table to provide anything of significance that wouldn't be a late port.  Next year is going to be stuffed with games though with (potentially) Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Pokemon, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, SMTV, Animal Crossing (hopefully), whatever Next Level Games, Retro Studios, the 2D Mario team and the Wii Fit/Star Fox team are working on and whatever 3rd parties start to put on the platform that aren't late ports.

If Fire Emblem and Yoshi were coming out this year and that Retro Star Fox racing game rumor came true then I would have given it an 8.

Also Ninjala looked like a fun game but I understand why Nintendo didn't put a major focus on it since it has the potential to cut into Splatoon's market.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 13 June 2018